Windows 10: Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Can't install Forza Horizon 4 on D: or even E:, have just 3 options as shown in the pic. Followed all the steps mentioned here:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by OMEGA44-XT, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store

Can't install Forza Horizon 4 on D: or even E:, have just 3 options as shown in the pic. Followed all the steps mentioned here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ft-store/3c478900-142c-4f10-b4aa-ebcae323241f

Still doesn't work for either MS store or Xbox app.

C:, D: are the same SSD (SSD 1), E: is SSD 2 & F:, G: are HDD (don't want it installed on HDD or CCan't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store :). Formatting D: didn't help.

Seriously, why not keep it simple like the rest of game installers like Steam, Uplay, etc?

Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store 7da8b20b-b207-47e7-b0c9-7364526c59be?upload=true.jpg

Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store 321fe9a6-56fb-4491-9fa5-13096409af36?upload=true.jpg

Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store d43bbab7-0bbf-48c5-bd39-0b0d03b15ea0?upload=true.jpg

:)

OMEGA44-XT, Aug 29, 2019

2. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Cant download and install app/games in microsoft store

Hi,

Having a corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why you are getting this error code: 0x803FB005 when trying to install apps/games in Microsoft Store. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Running the troubleshooter for Windows apps can help removes any conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset Store cache.

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Let us know the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store

Getting Windows 10 to recognize an old app install location

Hello Luke,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to inform you that you will need to re-install the game as some components of the game might not work properly which can cause the game to crash. However, you can download and install the game/apps from the store on an external drive.

Here are the steps on how you can install program to a different drive from a store.

• Go to windows settings.
    • Then click on System and then on Storage.
    • Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

Hope it helps.

Naresh Kumar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naresh_K, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store

1. Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't select different

2. Can't select proper drive for Game download on Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't select proper drive for Game download on Microsoft store.: I am currently trying to install Forza Horizon 4 on my PC. I own the game, and when I click the install button it prompts me to choose which drive I would like to install the game on. Every time I try and choose the drive I want and hit install, the button goes grey for a...
  3. Having trouble installing games from Microsoft Store (or apps in general) on a different drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble installing games from Microsoft Store (or apps in general) on a different drive: by "trouble" I mean "spent the last 3 days turning the internet inside-out for an answer". Basically, the Xbox app (or the Microsoft store apps) won't install on my X: drive. When I go to storage settings > change where new content is saved > New apps will save to is the...
  4. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive: I also get the error code : 0x80070005 when i try to change this Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-microsoft-store-app-on-different/c471f371-e17a-4345-8c03-236db71a77e5
  5. Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store

Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store: Hi - I recently purchased a Razer Blade Stealth with a 256GB HD for gaming and a bit of work. I also bought a Samsung SSD T5 external hard drive to store my games because I have limited space on my HD. I purchased Gears of War 5 from the Microsoft store and went to install it...
  6. Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store

Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store: I had just got Game Pass, and was trying to install games and have run into a problem. I have a tiny M.2 solid state drive as my C: drive that's only function is to be a boot drive for my computer, and then a much larger 4tb HDD as my D: drive that I actually store all my...
  7. Can't select a drive to install game to

Can't select a drive to install game to: So I'm signed in to my main pc with my Microsoft account and I open the Microsoft store, for some reason when I try to download and install The Elder Scrolls Tamriel Unlimited, I get a pop up telling me that I don't have any applicable devices linked to my microsoft account...
  8. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive: So I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and would like to install it on my D: drive, because my C: drive is a pretty small SSD where I don't have enough space left, but when clicking on Install and choosing the install location, it just doesn't do anything. So basically, I...
  9. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive: So I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and would like to install it on my D: drive, because my C: drive is a pretty small SSD where I don't have enough space left, but when clicking on Install and choosing the install location, it just doesn't do anything. So basically, I...
  10. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to select a different drive to download games