Windows 10: Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup

Discus and support Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever a shortcut is broken, windows asks you what to do with that shortcut:That's fine and all, and it's easy for me to click browse and find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David.Terry, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup

Whenever a shortcut is broken, windows asks you what to do with that shortcut:That's fine and all, and it's easy for me to click browse and find the subfolder I needed and select it, but that just opens the folder to continue browsing, it doesn't actually "select" the folder. It wants to force me find a file and "select" the file as the destination of the shortcut, but it's not supposed to be a shortcut to a file, but a shortcut to a folder. Right now, the only way to update a folder shortcut that was broken, is it manually navigate to the folder you want, copy the address, go to the offending

:)

David.Terry, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Sprutt Win User

'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

Hi,

This has since forever occasionally been an issue for me, so I decided to finally see if there is a solution to it. My problem is that in some dialogs when a software needs you to select a folder for example, there is no sidebar present, so I can't use the folder tree or even access the Quick access list, which is crucial so I do not have to click step by step through my folder hierarchies every time it needs to be done. Attached screenshot is from when running a plugin through After effects, though this issue is not at all related to those software, but seems to be that Windows for some reason has multiple different versions of these dialogs and one is just too basic. So my question is if there is a way to force these dialogs to always show the sidebar, or at least show the Places bar?

Many thanks in advance!

Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup ab998185-bcf4-4e34-b2b3-0f2677b9569e?upload=true.png

Sprutt, Aug 5, 2022
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup :)

terrace, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup

Windows 10 Send to Desktop as Shortcut is missing

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys and Type "shell:sendto" in
      RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open "Send To" folder.
    • Now right-click on blank area in the folder and select "New -> Text document". It'll create a text file with the name "New Text Document.txt". Rename this file and set its name to "Desktop (create shortcut).DeskLink".
    • That's it. Now you'll get "Desktop (create shortcut)" option back in "Send To" menu.
    NOTE: Make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" option is disabled in "Folder
    Options"

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup

1. Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup - Similar Threads - Can't select folder

2. Shortcut folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut folders missing: My shortcut folders are missing in explorer.How do I enable the shortcuts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-folders-missing/2348fc95-78d8-444c-8747-e2c8317bea65
  3. Shortcut folders missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut folders missing: My shortcut folders are missing in explorer.How do I enable the shortcuts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-folders-missing/2348fc95-78d8-444c-8747-e2c8317bea65
  4. Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup: Whenever a shortcut is broken, windows asks you what to do with that shortcut:That's fine and all, and it's easy for me to click browse and find the subfolder I needed and select it, but that just opens the folder to continue browsing, it doesn't actually "select" the folder....
  5. Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup

Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup: Whenever a shortcut is broken, windows asks you what to do with that shortcut:That's fine and all, and it's easy for me to click browse and find the subfolder I needed and select it, but that just opens the folder to continue browsing, it doesn't actually "select" the folder....
  6. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar: Hi,This has since forever occasionally been an issue for me, so I decided to finally see if there is a solution to it. My problem is that in some dialogs when a software needs you to select a folder for example, there is no sidebar present, so I can't use the folder tree or...
  7. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar: Hi,This has since forever occasionally been an issue for me, so I decided to finally see if there is a solution to it. My problem is that in some dialogs when a software needs you to select a folder for example, there is no sidebar present, so I can't use the folder tree or...
  8. 'Choose folder' dialog missing sidebar

9. System Info Dialog Popup

System Info Dialog Popup: Does anyone know of any software (preferably tasktray that would show the information on hovering - not necessity though) that will display the following: Computer Name: Hard Drive Size: (in GB) Manufacturer: Model: Computer Memory: (in MB or GB) MAC: IP: Processor: (i5, etc)...
  10. [QUESTION] Can't upload from popup file explorer dialog window

in Browsers and Email
    [QUESTION] Can't upload from popup file explorer dialog window: Hi , I am having an issue after using Windows 10 Before using 8.1 , when wanting to upload a certain file to a website or where ever , There is a pop up windows that let's you search to file to upload , after clicking the button on that particular website, now in...