Windows 10: Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled

Discus and support Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm working on a PC with Windows 10 Pro v1803 and a Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard & SSD. The PC is configured to have boot menu options for normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled

I'm working on a PC with Windows 10 Pro v1803 and a Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard & SSD. The PC is configured to have boot menu options for normal boot, Macrium Reflect Recovery and Safe Mode.

All works fine with fast start up disabled. With fast start-up enabled, the boot time reduces from 25s to 15s but the boot menu is inoperative. The boot menu is displayed in a low resolution and doesn't respond to the keyboard or mouse to select one of the three options. The PC then boots normally on expiry of the 3 sec timeout I set.

Any idea why the PC does this and is there a fix?

:)

Steve C, Jan 12, 2019
  2. jmcslob Win User

Boot up selections, how to delete menu

Start menu type msconfig hit enter there is your boot options don't mess it up

jmcslob, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 long boot/black screen/2 display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• What do you mean by “For my processor”? Are you referring to motherboard graphic drivers?
    I suggest you to disable the second driver and then try to enable the below steps for fast boot options.

Enabling or disabling this feature is quite easy and if we count the numbers, you just need 4-5 steps to do this. Just follow the below listed procedure.

• Open your Control Panel. Look for Control Panel in start menu.
    • Now in Control Panel look for Power Options.
    • Look for an option that reads Choose what the power button does and click it. This will open up a new Window and here you can see more options.
    • Now look for the check box with text Turn on fast startup.
    • Check it if you want Fast startup enabled and uncheck it if you don’t want it enabled.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled

Fast boot not enabled

I have Samsung Ultrabook NP530U4c- S60IN.

For some reasons I had to "Reset" windows 10.

After this boot is too slow and not seeing any options to enable fast boot which was previously there. My laptop has SSD to facilitate rapid boot............

Abhijeetingle, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled

1. Can't Select Boot Menu Options With Fast Start Up Enabled - Similar Threads - Can't Select Boot

2. Fast boot option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fast boot option: How do I turn on quick boot in my bios? I tried the following already and the option to enable fast boot never appeared. I pressed F2 during startup, the bois opened then I went to the advanced menu then tried to get into boot and there was no option to click on boot and...
  3. Suddenly booting up on drive selection menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly booting up on drive selection menu: Hi, after my first fresh install of win10 a year ago, I never had to see the boot menu, however today, when I turned on my PC, it suddenly brought me to the boot menu. I can still select the correct drive with my installation of win10, but is this a sign that my drive is...
  4. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Start up: What will happen if I disable the fast start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-start-up/09db9a49-60c1-4f01-a2d7-87ddf573d5e1
  5. Can't Enable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Enable Fast Startup: Hi, guys. I can't see a way to enable fast startup in my H P laptop running W10 Home. I go to the power settings section (following instructions from the Internet). and there is no check box to enable fast startup. Any ideas? Thanks/ 122620
  6. what mean this option fast start-up ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what mean this option fast start-up ?: whether Select this option is the computer faster start-up than a normal ? Control Panel \ Power Options \ System Settings [img] 69478
  7. How to enable fast boot on PC

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable fast boot on PC: I recently got a new mobo with UEFI support. I'd like to enable fast boot but msinfo32 still tells me the BIOS is set to Legacy. Is there any good way to change this without reinstalling Windows? 98692
  8. How to skip the boot selection option on start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to skip the boot selection option on start up: Just want to check something, I am running 8.1 and 10 in dual boot, but when the time comes to running 10 on it's own how do I get rid of the OS boot selection option at start up? I know that MSCONFIG has options but it will not allow me to set the timeout less than 3...
  9. Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't do hybrid shutdown, despite enabled fast boot: Hello everyone. I'm writing this thread because I'm facing a behaviour of my computer I would like to change or fix, but I don't know how I should do any of these. The operating system I use is Windows 10 Home 1709 (Fall Creators Update). The undesired behaviour is that,...
  10. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start up: Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password? 92440