Windows 10: cant select directX renderer

Discus and support cant select directX renderer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; image: https://prnt.sc/ukvaom I installed DirectX too... still it shows the same :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ajayAJAY4, Sep 21, 2020.

1. ajayAJAY4 Win User

cant select directX renderer

image: https://prnt.sc/ukvaom

I installed DirectX too... still it shows the same :

:)

ajayAJAY4, Sep 21, 2020

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Sep 21, 2020
  4. cant select directX renderer

directx error while installing

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

• Which version of DirectX are you trying to install?

• What is the current build installed on your computer?

(To check the build, Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command, type Winver
      and press Enter)

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

• What is the current version of DirectX installed on Windows 10?

I suggest you to install all the updates on your computer.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on search
      bar, type Windows Update.

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and
      Install the latest Windows Updates.

I also suggest you to refer the link on How to install the latest version of DirectX and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113#bookmark-which version installed

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

cant select directX renderer

1. cant select directX renderer - Similar Threads - cant select directX

2. Cant select spatial sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant select spatial sound: I have a hyper x cloud 2 my computer is hp omen 16 gb ram rtx 3070 8gb vram rzyen 9 5900hx and its running on windows 11 first months the spatial sound was working really well that i didnt even realised it was on then something happened and it turned off for some reason and i...
  3. Cant select spatial sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant select spatial sound: I have a hyper x cloud 2 my computer is hp omen 16 gb ram rtx 3070 8gb vram rzyen 9 5900hx and its running on windows 11 first months the spatial sound was working really well that i didnt even realised it was on then something happened and it turned off for some reason and i...
  4. DirectX 12 and Microsoft basic render driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 and Microsoft basic render driver: I am having issues with the Halo Infinite - insider test game, there is an error that keeps popping up, it says "Microsoft Basic Render Driver was chosen as Graphics Device. Please ensure you have a DirectX 12 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers...
  5. I cant select 1920x1080 resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant select 1920x1080 resolution: So yesterday i downloaded and installed a update for windows, before that my display was 1920x1080 but after i downloaded it my display was changed and i couldnt select 1920x1080 option, and the highest resolution was 1600x1200. I tried updating graphics card drivers but it...
  6. cant install directx runtime

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant install directx runtime: when i opened the website DirectX Runtime Web Installer ,it said that the download was no longer available. Is there another way to download directx runtime? Pls help me...
  7. Why i cant download DirectX 9.0?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why i cant download DirectX 9.0?: Hi! why i cant download DirectX 9.0? Im playing game named iw4x and i just reseted pc for i just got rat! and now i cant play it cuz you are removed it for NO REASON! NO REASON! microsoft you need to get teached what are you doing!...
  8. Unable to select DirectX option in games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to select DirectX option in games.: Hi, i wanted to switch from OpenGL to DirectX in games, So i installed DirectX 12 which i finded from Dxdiag. so now when i go to my game settings, i can't select the DirectX option. Please help me fix this. I'm using windows 10 Pro RAM - 4GB Image:...
  9. DirectX 12 comes to select Windows 7 games

in Windows 10 News
    DirectX 12 comes to select Windows 7 games: Microsoft revealed on the official DirectX blog that Blizzard's World of Warcraft game is the first game to support DirectX 12 on Windows 7. DirectX, a set of multimedia APIs used especially in PC games, is included natively in Windows. Microsoft releases new versions of...
  10. Win 10 visual issues (windows render slowly, selection box sluggish)

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 visual issues (windows render slowly, selection box sluggish): I've got a fairly recent build (specs are below), and the OS performance has been absolutely sluggish and glitchy ever since upgrading from Windows 8 to 10. >:-( Video performance in particular. I get this intermittent and long lasting issue where system and application menus...