Windows 10: Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I had just got Game Pass, and was trying to install games and have run into a problem. I have a tiny M.2 solid state drive as my C: drive that's only... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Gestures468, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store

I had just got Game Pass, and was trying to install games and have run into a problem. I have a tiny M.2 solid state drive as my C: drive that's only function is to be a boot drive for my computer, and then a much larger 4tb HDD as my D: drive that I actually store all my data on. When I attempt to download a game from the Microsoft Store, the dialog box comes up asking me where I want to install the game to, however my only option is my C: drive, with the D: drive nowhere to be found.

When I go to "Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved" every single option is set to be the D: drive, however the Microsoft Store seems to be paying no heed to these settings whatsoever.

To make matters worse, I already have a few games installed to my D: drive from the Microsoft Store, Halo Wars Definitive Edition, Halo Wars 2 and ReCore were all installed to my D: drive from the Microsoft store without a single bit of trouble about a year ago and the games work fine even now.

As a test I decided to try moving Halo Wars 1 to my C: drive and then back to my D: drive from the "Settings > Apps > Apps & features" menu, and it worked just fine, so I'm hoping that I can move the new game I'm downloading to the drive it should have been installed in the first place, which I suppose works as a decent workaround for this issue, but having to download games to my C: drive and then move it to my D: drive after I download it limits the size of the games I can download to only 45gb because that's all the free space I have on the C: drive, while my D: drive has over 500gb of free space.

:)

Gestures468, Oct 28, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Oct 28, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Oct 28, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store

1. Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't select HDD

2. Can't install app from microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install app from microsoft store.: I installed Asphalt 8 from ms store 3 days earlier. Everything was fine.But one day the game files became corrupted . So I uninstalled asphalt 8 from start menu but the app icon is still there. Then I try to again download it from ms store but after downloading it fails to...
  3. Can't install app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install app from microsoft store.: I installed Asphalt 8 from ms store 3 days earlier. Everything was fine.But one day the game files became corrupted . So I uninstalled asphalt 8 from start menu but the app icon is still there. Then I try to again download it from ms store but after downloading it fails to...
  4. Can't install app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps from Microsoft Store: Everytime i try downloading an app from the Microsoft Store it shows me something happened on our end i can't download any new appError Code is 0x800B010FI tried restarting my PC many times as well i tried Reseting the store but nothing worked any idea ?...
  6. Can't install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install apps from Microsoft Store: Everytime i try downloading an app from the Microsoft Store it shows me something happened on our end i can't download any new appError Code is 0x800B010FI tried restarting my PC many times as well i tried Reseting the store but nothing worked any idea ?...
  7. Can't install apps from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install apps from Microsoft store: I updated a few days ago and then installed a new/fresh copy of Windows 10(stupid I know). My laptop has win10 home version installed so basically I just reset my PC. I tried to install the messenger app on my desktop and it says: Something unexpected happened. Reporting...
  8. Can't install an app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install an app from Microsoft Store: Hello All, I am trying to install Smartthings app from Microsoft Store and all I see is "Wish list" button instead of downloads: [ATTACH] When I go to "System requirements" section I see: [ATTACH] And what I have is: [ATTACH] So, while writing this...
  9. Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store

Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store: Hi - I recently purchased a Razer Blade Stealth with a 256GB HD for gaming and a bit of work. I also bought a Samsung SSD T5 external hard drive to store my games because I have limited space on my HD. I purchased Gears of War 5 from the Microsoft store and went to install it...
  10. Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store

Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store: Can't install Forza Horizon 4 on D: or even E:, have just 3 options as shown in the pic. Followed all the steps mentioned here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-to-hdd-through-microsoft-store/3c478900-142c-4f10-b4aa-ebcae323241f Still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store cant install on hdd