Windows 10: Cant select more than 2 channels on my 5.1 surround set

Discus and support Cant select more than 2 channels on my 5.1 surround set in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i was connecting my HTR 5000 digital av receiver system thru optical cable to my x370 motherboard. When i selected the dolby digital encoded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roel van Willigenburg, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Cant select more than 2 channels on my 5.1 surround set

Hello, i was connecting my HTR 5000 digital av receiver system thru optical cable to my x370 motherboard. When i selected the dolby digital encoded format i could hear all the separate channels.

Cant select more than 2 channels on my 5.1 surround set 42ce093c-2901-4f94-a4e3-2b1877db13f0?upload=true.png

But when i went to the advanced section i could not select more than 2 channels.

btw my receiver and motherboard fully capable of 5.1 surround sound. my receiver has digital dts surround, and dolby digital pro logic 2

Cant select more than 2 channels on my 5.1 surround set 73f0d76f-618b-4e46-a33b-ee242a23c3b4?upload=true.png

help would be appriciated!

:)

Roel van Willigenburg, Apr 10, 2021
  2. DoItJust Win User

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Fernandz Win User

Cant select more than 2 channels on my 5.1 surround set

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Cant select more than 2 channels on my 5.1 surround set

1. Cant select more than 2 channels on my 5.1 surround set - Similar Threads - Cant select more

2. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  3. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  4. How to set different wallpapers for more than 5 monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set different wallpapers for more than 5 monitors: Going to personalize allows me to choose any images i want, and right click to set them to any monitor. However, there only appears to be 5 available to choose from at any given point in time and if I try to add more the first one disappears. Am i just forced to have a...
  5. How to set different wellpapers for more than 5 monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set different wellpapers for more than 5 monitors: Going to personalize allows me to choose any images i want, and right click to set them to any monitor. However, there only appears to be 5 available to choose from at any given point in time and if I try to add more the first one disappears. Am i just forced to have a...
  6. How to set different wellpapers for more than 5 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set different wellpapers for more than 5 monitors: Going to personalize allows me to choose any images i want, and right click to set them to any monitor. However, there only appears to be 5 available to choose from at any given point in time and if I try to add more the first one disappears. Am i just forced to have a...
  7. Simulate 5.1 surround from 2-channel source?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Simulate 5.1 surround from 2-channel source?: I have a 5.1 speaker system connected to my Windows 10 PC. Is there any way that I can play a 2-channel source (e.g. music) over all 5 speakers (i.e. a simulated surround sound)? My AV amp in the lounge has this feature and I really enjoy listening to music that way. 181932
  8. More than 1 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    More than 1 sign in: I have windows 10. I have had only one microsoft account that is an auto sign in and I don't remember what the old password was. Now I have a another account that I want to be separate from the first one. When signing in, there is the date and time page; then there is the...
  9. CTRL is not working to select more than 1 item - windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CTRL is not working to select more than 1 item - windows 10: I cannot select more than one item to move, delete, etc. This first started happening in emails with attached files months ago. I could only select one file to "save as" or "Save All", but I could not select more than one at a time. Now this is happening in File Explorer. In...
  10. CTRL is not work to select more than 1 item - windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CTRL is not work to select more than 1 item - windows 10: I cannot select more than one item to move, delete, etc. This first started happening in emails with attached files months ago. I could only select one file to "save as" or "Save All", but I could not select more than one at a time. Now this is happening in File Explorer. In...