Windows 10: Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App

Discus and support Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I've just downloaded Photoshop CC2018 and tried to make it the default photo viewer, but it does not appear in the list of apps that I can select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shytot, Aug 29, 2018.

1. shytot Win User

Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App

Hi
    I've just downloaded Photoshop CC2018 and tried to make it the default photo viewer, but it does not appear in the list of apps that I can select from. Have also tried doing the same for opening .jpg files, but just the same, no Photoshop! I have rebooted the system a couple of times but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

shytot, Aug 29, 2018

2. making Photoshop default for JPEG

Since you've mentioned that your computer is running the version 1703 build 15063, here are the steps in order to use Photoshop as the default program for all photo formats, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Scroll down and click on Set defaults by app.
    • Choose Photoshop from the left pane, under Set your default programs.
    • Click on Choose defaults for this program.
    • Select JPEG and JPG by putting a check mark on the box before them.
    • Click Save.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Darian Tab, Aug 29, 2018
  3. How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

If that's the case, kindly try these steps and see if this resolves the issue:

• Open File Explorer, then right-click on a JPEG file.
    • Select Properties, then click Change beside
      Opens with.
    • Select Photoshop. If Photoshop is not on the list, select
      Look for another app on this PC
    • From the list, select Photoshop.

If the Photoshop app is missing, we highly suggest that you update the app or uninstall; then reinstall the Photoshop app through Windows Store.

Get back to us should you need further help.

Vanessa Oca, Aug 29, 2018
  4. Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App

making Photoshop default for JPEG

Hi Bob,

There are a few steps on how you can choose a default program in Windows 10. Choosing a program from
    Choose default apps under Settings is one, but since you would like to use Photoshop as the default program for all photo formats, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Scroll down and click on Set defaults by app.
    • Choose Photoshop from the left pane, under Set your default programs.
    • Click on Choose defaults for this program.
    • Select JPEG and JPG by putting a check mark on the box before them.
    • Click Save.

Let us know if you need further help.

Darian Tab, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App

1. Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App - Similar Threads - Can't Select Photoshop

2. Google apps not selectable for default apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google apps not selectable for default apps: Google chrome is installed, I tried go to settings, make default browser and I get nothing. Attached a screenshot of what I get. Also Gmail is not available for email. Permissions are allowed on the defender firewall. Thanks for any advice...
  3. Google apps not selectable for default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google apps not selectable for default apps: Google chrome is installed, I tried go to settings, make default browser and I get nothing. Attached a screenshot of what I get. Also Gmail is not available for email. Permissions are allowed on the defender firewall. Thanks for any advice...
  4. Google apps not selectable for default apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't select GIMP as .jpg default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't select GIMP as .jpg default: Images, simple and easy. all other options on this list I can choose, just not GIMP [ATTACH] and this happens when I try to choose it [ATTACH] also, GIMP is not in the list of apps when I try to associate by app rather than file type...
  6. photoshop default app availability lost

photoshop default app availability lost: Running win 10 ver1803 and photoshop cc 2018. why is the latter no longer available as default in the former?. the poorer photoshop express is useable! All obvious fixes don't work....
  7. Default Photoshop App for jpeg

Default Photoshop App for jpeg: I wish to set Adobe Photoshop 2019 as my default for jpegs. Can do this for Tiffs and PSDs but not jpegs. Om Settomgs under set defaults by app Adobe Photoshop 2019 is not there but I have it on my computer and it works ok. Also in choose default applications by file...
  8. Can't set Photoshop as default

Can't set Photoshop as default: I have Windows 10 Home version 1803 (OS Build 17134.407. Until I got the update 1803 for Windows, Photoshop was always my default and it worked perfectly. Photoshop itself works just fine, but Windows will not allow it to be the default. I have tried to set Photoshop...
  9. Issues Selecting Default App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues Selecting Default App: Hello, I've been looking online and can't find anything, so I figured I'd make a post. I just installed Win 10 Pro on my work laptop (ssd died so I needed a replacement) and I noticed that all the files I put on my computer were trying to save as Excel files, which I...
  10. Can't set Photoshop CS6 as default app, silently changes to other apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set Photoshop CS6 as default app, silently changes to other apps: I just upgraded my work computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home x64, build 1803. It was an in-place upgrade, not a fresh install (probably a mistake I know, but this is a production system so I had to minimize downtime & couldn't spend hours reconfiguring a fresh install)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set photoshop as default app

2. photoshop default app

3. cant set photoshop for default app