Windows 10: Can't select proper drive for Game download on Microsoft store.

Discus and support Can't select proper drive for Game download on Microsoft store. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am currently trying to install Forza Horizon 4 on my PC. I own the game, and when I click the install button it prompts me to choose which drive I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Arvai, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Arvai Win User

Can't select proper drive for Game download on Microsoft store.

I am currently trying to install Forza Horizon 4 on my PC. I own the game, and when I click the install button it prompts me to choose which drive I would like to install the game on. Every time I try and choose the drive I want and hit install, the button goes grey for a second then comes back blue as if I never selected it. I can however get the game to install by clicking the 3 dots on the side of it, clicking install on my devices, and then choosing my computer. Only issues is I do not get any prompt on where to install the game, so it automatically goes to my C drive which doesn't have enough room so it will fail shortly after starting the install. How can I select my drive that actually has space on it so I can get this game as well as others installed?

:)

Arvai, Mar 28, 2021

2. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Where are my downloaded Games?

Hi Brandon,

Games downloaded from the Microsoft Store website or through the Windows Store app are added in the Xbox app's Game list. To access this, kindly perform the following steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games. Games you have on that device will appear there.

If you can't see the game, it may be because the game was not automatically added on your Game list. To add it, proceed with the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games.
    • Select Add a game from your PC.
    • You'll see a scrollable list of all Win32 games and programs that have
      Start
      menu shortcuts. From the list, find Solitaire HD and add it to your
      My games menu so you can quickly browse for and launch the game.
    • Once you've selected your choices, select Add selected games at the bottom of the pop-up window.

Don't forget to notify us with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Mar 28, 2021
  4. Dgui14 Win User

Microsoft Store Games

I downloaded several pc games from my xbox game pass which I no longer have.

I decided to uninstall them, and I did, but didn-t see any change on my drive memory capacity, which means, they were not removed at all. I can-t find them anymore on the microsoft store library nor on my pc app list though.

Doing some research, I found the hidden microsoft store apps folder, and realized the games are still there. How can I safely remove them, without just deleting the folders? And why didn-t they get uninstalled when I did so through the add or remove programs
    feature?

Dgui14, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't select proper drive for Game download on Microsoft store. - Similar Threads - Can't select proper

2. Can't download games on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download games on microsoft store: I've recently had my laptop repaired and this issue has never been a problem for me. I've been trying to install Minecraft on the Microsoft store and once I click download, it opens another window saying I need to download 'gaming components', and when I click install for...
  3. Can't download games on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download games on microsoft store: I've recently had my laptop repaired and this issue has never been a problem for me. I've been trying to install Minecraft on the Microsoft store and once I click download, it opens another window saying I need to download 'gaming components', and when I click install for...
  4. Can't "change" drive that Microsoft Store downloads to

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't "change" drive that Microsoft Store downloads to: Hi there,I've been trying to download Doom Eternal for the past couple of days to no avail. I checked the drive that it should download to according to Settings, Storage, and Where New Apps Will Install To, and there's 69.9 gb on that drive. I thought it just didn't have...
  5. Can't download games from Microsoft Store.

Can't download games from Microsoft Store.: For the past 4 days I've been trying to download Forza Horizon 4 I brought a key for. It's valid as it was added to my account and avaliable downloads. The only problem is, it wont download. Sometimes with an error message 0x80080005, sometimes it just forever says 'starting...
  6. Can't download Games from Microsoft Store

Can't download Games from Microsoft Store: Title, I tried everything on the troubleshooting page and whatever I found on Google. microsoft is a piece of steaming ****, how the **** can you **** up something so trivial. **** useless trash...
  7. Microsoft Store-Can't download game

Microsoft Store-Can't download game: I can't download state of decay 2 I been trying 4h to download last 1gb of game and crashes starts to happend.When i click on install and select where to install it stuck.When i can download that 14gb of game i have 20 times problem with speed (my was so good) It goes to 150...
  8. Can't download game from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download game from Microsoft Store: Hey Community, I hope to find an answer to my problem here. This morning I bought the game "The Outer Worlds" for PC in the Microsoft Store. As I do have a very small SSD (C:Drive) (which was almost full at the time) I stopped the first attempt of the game to download...
  9. Can't select a drive to install game to

Can't select a drive to install game to: So I'm signed in to my main pc with my Microsoft account and I open the Microsoft store, for some reason when I try to download and install The Elder Scrolls Tamriel Unlimited, I get a pop up telling me that I don't have any applicable devices linked to my microsoft account...
  10. Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store

Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store: Can't install Forza Horizon 4 on D: or even E:, have just 3 options as shown in the pic. Followed all the steps mentioned here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-to-hdd-through-microsoft-store/3c478900-142c-4f10-b4aa-ebcae323241f Still...