Windows 10: can't select text or data windows 10 pro

Discus and support can't select text or data windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't select text or data. When I try to select text or data, the, it keeps breaking away before I can finish the selection. I selected 'Files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrankMcLean2, Jul 31, 2020.

1. can't select text or data windows 10 pro

I can't select text or data. When I try to select text or data, the, it keeps breaking away before I can finish the selection. I selected 'Files, folders & storage' because this problem has to do with selecting data and text in files. Non of the other options seem to be even remotely close to addressing this problem.

:)

FrankMcLean2, Jul 31, 2020

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 31, 2020
  4. nkienitz Win User

can't select text or data windows 10 pro

Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

can't select text or data windows 10 pro

1. can't select text or data windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - can't select text

2. Why is my windows 11 pro not providing a selection for data usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows 11 pro not providing a selection for data usage?: I want to track my wifi data usage but there is no data usage selection tab under network and internet>advanced settings. Is it disabled or something? Why can I not locate a selection for data usage anywhere?...
  3. The selected text is black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The selected text is black?: I'm using Word 2019, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I face this problem word only not any other ms office services. I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!...
  4. The selected text is black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The selected text is black?: I'm using Word 2019, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I face this problem word only not any other ms office services. I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!...
  5. The selected text is black?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't select "Optional diagnostic data" on child device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't select "Optional diagnostic data" on child device: I just upgraded to Win 10 - ver 2004 and can't seem to select "Optional diagnostic data" on child device - settings -> Privacy ->Diagnostics and Feedback. I want to make this selection in order to use the Family Safety app to set time limits for my child's app. So far, the...
  7. The selected text is black?

The selected text is black?: I'm using Word in Office 365, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you! ROCAW says: If you want to change the color of the...
  8. Windows 10 - Selected text does not stay selected

Windows 10 - Selected text does not stay selected: When I initially click and drag to select text, then release the left mouse in preparation for the next step, whatever that might be, the highlighting disappears. This happens repeatedly, in Word, on the Internet, in Excel, in OneNote, wherever on the computer since the...
  9. Text selection

Text selection: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...
  10. Text selection option in Windows

Text selection option in Windows: Hello, I want to know that if there is any option of text selection in windows 10 like that option in google photoes app, so can i can copy or translate the text written in the photoes i have. If yes, the how can i do so?...