Windows 10: Can't select user name in netplwiz to set up signin

Discus and support Can't select user name in netplwiz to set up signin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I would like to get rid of the need to alt-ctrl-del at startup. When I bring up netplwiz to update the user account, my user name is present but cannot... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AlanSinger86, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Can't select user name in netplwiz to set up signin

I would like to get rid of the need to alt-ctrl-del at startup. When I bring up netplwiz to update the user account, my user name is present but cannot be selected. Only the admin can be selected. I am the sole user, am signed in as the active user yet cannot make any changes to my own user name.

:)

AlanSinger86, Feb 14, 2020

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Feb 14, 2020
  3. STDennis Win User
    User Account and data files

If you do the steps above again (netplwiz), select your account and choose properties. What is listed in User name and Full name?

STDennis, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Can't select user name in netplwiz to set up signin

Change the user name in Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are both the accounts are admin account?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: To determine the user account type:

• Login to any account.

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Your user account will show and below that it will show your local account or admin account.

• Once you know about the account type.

• You can go to user account and change the name.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the user name and click on apply and then ok and one more time click on ok on the main screen.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't select user name in netplwiz to set up signin

1. Can't select user name in netplwiz to set up signin - Similar Threads - Can't select user

2. i can't open netplwiz or any user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't open netplwiz or any user account: hi Alli ran into a problem when i first tried to change user account and admin. after restart, i can't access to Netplwiz as per attached the dialogue box always missing yes button and i can't go nowhere.please helpbest regardsJoker...
  3. i can't open netplwiz or any user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't open netplwiz or any user account: hi Alli ran into a problem when i first tried to change user account and admin. after restart, i can't access to Netplwiz as per attached the dialogue box always missing yes button and i can't go nowhere.please helpbest regardsJoker...
  4. How to set the user file name while setting up the device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to set the user file name while setting up the device: I changed my user file name by following a tutorial on YouTube which told me to create an administrator account and then changing the user name through that account and then altering a bit of windows registry and then deleting the administrator account. The file name was...
  5. Setting up fingerprint signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up fingerprint signin: When I try to add my fingerprint to Windows Hello, I am able to start the procedure, but it suddenly stops working when it is partly done. What can I do to fix this?...
  6. Trouble Setting up Pin Signin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble Setting up Pin Signin: I had to install a new hard drive and my pin has been removed. When I try to create the pin again it says I must be connected to the internet, but as you can see, I am connected to the internet. Somehow, I changed the settings and I am not sure what I did. I removed the pin...
  7. Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.: Hi, I'm using window 10, trying to use netplwiz to bypass login but when I chose my user name there is not check box to uncheck use password and user name. Anyone know why? SJM...
  8. After changing user name via netplwiz method, it reverts on reboot.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After changing user name via netplwiz method, it reverts on reboot.: Hi, Win 10 1803 I have used the netplwiz method and it did change the name, however a couple of reboots and it came back to the previous name which happens to be my Microsoft name. The pin is used not a password. After I make the change, when I go thru settings, I see...
  9. Strange User Not in NETPLWIZ

Strange User Not in NETPLWIZ: So this is strange and I am looking for any answers. I have Windows 10 64-bit Pro and I have two of them; wife and mine Now I am chasing another issue, but that's how I came across this. In netplwiz on my wife's system she only has one entry and it is her user. On mine...
  10. Sign In: Want to select a User Name

Sign In: Want to select a User Name: Hi. At the moment, when I start Windows 10, I have to sign in (without giving a password) to the last User that was signed in. In other words I don't have any options as to what User can sign in. But, when I start Windows 10, I want to be presented with a screen where I can...