Windows 10: Can't Send a text message through Win 10In the message application

Discus and support Can't Send a text message through Win 10In the message application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Messaging tape is disabled for me? In the message application.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MehdiHasanvand, May 8, 2020.

1. Can't Send a text message through Win 10In the message application

Messaging tape is disabled for me? In the message application.

:)

MehdiHasanvand, May 8, 2020
  2. Ian Sal Win User

Lumia 1520 on ATT win 10 unable to send group message

Hi,

Let's get this resolved. We would suggest performing these steps:

• From the start screen, tap People app.
    • If necessary, touch the screen and slide right to display the together
      screen.
    • Scroll down to Groups, then select the group you want to send a message to.
    • Tap text.
    • Enter your message.
    • When finished, tap the Send icon.
    Note: If Group Text is enabled in Settings > Applications > Messaging > Group Text, the responses to a group will be sent as MMS message. Disable Group Text if you don't want the messages to be
    converted

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, May 8, 2020
  3. GuruJosh Win User
    Sending SMS text messages

I want to send a plain text message using Windows Mobile 5 to one of my contacts by selecting the person from my contacts list then selecting the send text message option. Doing this puts the contacts name and phone number in the To field of the message
    and when I try to send the message it asks me which phone number to use. I select the mobile number from the list, click select, and then get the error "The text message account cannot be used to send email messages". If I manually enter the contacts mobile
    number in the To field, the message will send succesfully.

My question is, how do I get the mobile number only to appear in the To box instead of both Contact name and Mobile number when selecting a contact and selecting Send Text Message?

GuruJosh, May 8, 2020
  4. Can't Send a text message through Win 10In the message application

Cant send text messages

Why can't you reply to messages in your in box?

Try editing the options on your Goto list and add new text message to the list, that should save you 2 steps.(+-4seconds

on most phones the left navigation key is set as a shortcut to create a new text message by default so try this also

no1_slumko, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't Send a text message through Win 10In the message application

1. Can't Send a text message through Win 10In the message application - Similar Threads - Can't Send text

2. Send message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send message: Hi, can windows 10 pro send message like in windows XP using net send? I read from the forum that we can send message using command prompt msg * /server:servername "text". But when i try that there's error "5 error getting names" i already change...
  3. Sending and receiving text messages on Win10 with an iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sending and receiving text messages on Win10 with an iPhone: Is there an app or a workaround that will allow me to send and receive text massages on Win 10 through my iPhone like Your Phone does with android devices?...
  4. Text Messages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Text Messages: Hello, I keep receiving text message with a 6 digit code followed by the statement "Use this code for Microsoft verification". What is this? What can I do about these? Thanks...
  5. Bad DNS key --message text in message file for Application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bad DNS key --message text in message file for Application: After trying to save a lost cluster on a damaged hard drive, I get the following error on my good hard drive c: whenever I execute a DIR command in the CMD window: "The system cannot find message text for message number 0x235f in the message file for Application." The...
  6. TEXT MESSAGING

in Windows 10 Customization
    TEXT MESSAGING: Hello, can I setup text messaging on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-messaging/b5f291f2-6539-4065-8a71-55edc9f7d80f
  7. Why can't I send messages?

Why can't I send messages?: When I tried to send a message to my friend from the xbox app on android it said: Check your account Messaging isn't for your account. Go to https:// support.xbox.com/fix-messaging to get more information and see how you can fix it. So I went to the website it told me...
  8. Text message

Text message: I received a text message attachment on my outlook and I am unable to open it and read the message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/text-message/f3bf0c55-14f4-46b3-ad92-3711a266fc50
  9. Cortana Not Sending Text Messages

Cortana Not Sending Text Messages: Hi, I have the FCU installed and I have an iPhone with the latest iOS. I've gone through tutorials here and elsewhere and even though my iPhone was successfully setup, when I try to send a text message, all I get is that "I'll send that using your phone. It may take a...
  10. Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC: How to: Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Message from Messaging app on Windows 10 PC [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Skype messaging, calling and video capabilities come integrated into...