Windows 10: Can't send eamil by right click send to/mail recipient or from any applicaion

Discus and support Can't send eamil by right click send to/mail recipient or from any applicaion in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I rt click a file to send to mail recipient the choice to do so is no longer in the drop down menu. -Ive tried the remedy of writing the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StevenReiner, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Can't send eamil by right click send to/mail recipient or from any applicaion

When I rt click a file to send to mail recipient the choice to do so is no longer in the drop down menu.

-Ive tried the remedy of writing the new Mail Recipient.MAPI Mail file. Doesn't work.

-When I try to send from an app like excel or word I get an error message 'General mail failure. quit excel......'

-Outlook itself will not open. Error message about file Outlook1.pst not cleanly closed by last program that used it.

The only way to send a file by email is to start the email from my default Mail app Thunderbird and then attach the file.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2016 to no avail.

OS is Windows 10

How can I repair this problem?

:)

StevenReiner, Mar 6, 2019
  2. tmulledy Win User

Send To Mail Recipient Issues

At some point in the last couple of weeks the Send To/Mail Recipient function has stopped working. When I select a file and do the send to, Windows starts thinking, the explorer window that I have selected this from stops taking input and then eventually, with no error messages, the explorer window closes and desktop explorer resets.

My Default mail client is Outlook 2013 (15.0.4745.1000)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

tmulledy, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Image Right Click Send To Mail Recipient Failure

Can't send eamil by right click send to/mail recipient or from any applicaion [​IMG]

Using Windows Essentials - Windows Live Mail.

So, only when sending an image does this happen, or at least, so far, there might be other file types, but I'm not sending those to email recipients, just generally it's images, documents, and text files.

So somewhere images are ever so special that they require a signing in.

Is there a place that I can poke a sharp object into that stops this?

P.S. I ask because search engines fail when asking this question.

cDreamDancer, Mar 6, 2019
  4. patrickt Win User

Can't send eamil by right click send to/mail recipient or from any applicaion

Send To Mail Recipient Issues

I have the standard Windows10 and Outlook2013. I don't normally send files so I selected one, a photo, and clicked on "send to mail recipient." After verifying the size of the photo a email window opened and was just waiting for an address. All seemed to function as intended.

patrickt, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Can't send eamil by right click send to/mail recipient or from any applicaion

1. Can't send eamil by right click send to/mail recipient or from any applicaion - Similar Threads - Can't send eamil

2. Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!: Just went to send and resize vacation pictures and noticed the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click is missing. How do I restore this? Not sure what happened. Please help!!...
  3. Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!: Just went to send and resize vacation pictures and noticed the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click is missing. How do I restore this? Not sure what happened. Please help!!...
  4. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  5. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  6. "Send to mail recipient" problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Send to mail recipient" problem!: I use Windows 10. The “send to email recipient” always worked perfectly until Microsoft performed an update a couple of months ago.I have tried every suggestion on the internet and none have worked. Thunderbird is selected as my default email program. Outlook is my...
  7. Editing "send to: mail recipient"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Editing "send to: mail recipient": I have a friend whose computer recently died. He is now running the latest version of Windows 10 and uses Eudora 7 as his mail client. He does not wish to change. I have tried! Previously when using Windows 10 if he wanted to send a picture which he wanted to compress he...
  8. Send to mail recipient not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send to mail recipient not working: I use the "send to mail recipient" in the past by highlighting files, right click and selecting "send to mail recipient". An email would open in outlook with the files as attachments. When I do this now file explorer closes and no email is created. I have windows 10 and use...
  9. Send To Mail Recipient Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Send To Mail Recipient Issues: At some point in the last couple of weeks the Send To/Mail Recipient function has stopped working. When I select a file and do the send to, Windows starts thinking, the explorer window that I have selected this from stops taking input and then eventually, with no error...
  10. Image Right Click Send To Mail Recipient Failure

in Browsers and Email
    Image Right Click Send To Mail Recipient Failure: [img] Using Windows Essentials - Windows Live Mail. So, only when sending an image does this happen, or at least, so far, there might be other file types, but I'm not sending those to email recipients, just generally it's images, documents, and text files. So...