Windows 10: Can't send email in Microsoft 10 Mail - been issue for 8 - 10 months

Discus and support Can't send email in Microsoft 10 Mail - been issue for 8 - 10 months in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have not been able to send email on my laptop, using Microsoft Mail, for quite some time. I am pretty sure this is my issue: While messing around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JudyPaul2, Feb 12, 2021.

1. JudyPaul2 Win User

Can't send email in Microsoft 10 Mail - been issue for 8 - 10 months

Have not been able to send email on my laptop, using Microsoft Mail, for quite some time. I am pretty sure this is my issue: While messing around with syncing, I decided to delete Outlook Mail since I never use it. I have since determined I believe that it is actually part of/connected to Microsoft Mail ? and that it's required for this to work. And the fact that using my desktop mail where I did not delete Outlook, I can successfully SEND email. I've tried messing with all settings and adding back Outlook but that didn't help. It seems like I need to delete and reload my Microsoft Mail but I'd like to know the exact steps if this is, in fact, what would solve the issue. thanks for any help !

:)

JudyPaul2, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Larnu Win User

Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Default email won't send or receive emails on Windows 10

Hi William,

To properly address this concern, I would like to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you using Outlook.com, Outlook application, or the Mail app for Windows 10?
    • What type of email account are you using? (POP, IMAP or Exchange)

You can visit these articles for steps and suggestions on how to fix email sync issues in Outlook.com and Outlook application:

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Jomel Ber, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Can't send email in Microsoft 10 Mail - been issue for 8 - 10 months

Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

Take a look at this page and double check all of your settings.

Send/Receive NFN eMail Remotely and Securely | NFN FAQs

Try using a secure connection

[table][tr][td]Incoming mail (POP3) Can't send email in Microsoft 10 Mail - been issue for 8 - 10 months [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Incoming mail (POP3) port to 995[/td] [td]Outgoing mail (SMTP) Can't send email in Microsoft 10 Mail - been issue for 8 - 10 months [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port to 587[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Can't send email in Microsoft 10 Mail - been issue for 8 - 10 months [​IMG]

If your eMail client has Requires authentication, select it
    Most servers use Clear text authentication - do not change that unless your provider gave you instructions to set it up.

Slartybart, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Can't send email in Microsoft 10 Mail - been issue for 8 - 10 months

1. Can't send email in Microsoft 10 Mail - been issue for 8 - 10 months - Similar Threads - Can't send email

2. Microsoft Mail send/receive issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail send/receive issue: Can't send/receive emails in Microsoft Outlook, error message is Ox8004010F, running Windows 10. I think the issue started when I did a One drive backup? the file path for the Outlook Data file has changed to One Drive although the file still appears to be in my C drive, I've...
  3. Windows 10 mail sending emails itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 mail sending emails itself: My windows 10 email somehow sent an email all by itself to one of my other email addresses. I was shocked to see an email come in on my phone from my personal email containing an attachment titled the name of my website and it being a picture of mine turned into a video. My...
  4. Can't send email in Microsoft 10 Mail - been issue for 8 - 10 months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't send email in Microsoft 10 Mail - been issue for 8 - 10 months: Have not been able to SEND email for approx. 8 months or so. In trying to troubleshoot, I did remember that I deleted an Outlook account that was linked in my email for some reason never used it or don't know why it was there. However somewhere or someone mentioned that...
  5. Can't send emails with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't send emails with Windows 10: Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I just get an error message saying that the connection to the outgoing server was lost in the middle of the transaction. I have checked the settings and they're correct. I have disabled the anti virus software but still no joy. Any ideas?...
  6. Problems sending emails in Microsoft Mail

Problems sending emails in Microsoft Mail: When I send an email it is no longer appearing in my Sent box. I am therefore not sure whether they have been sent. I did recently receive a reply to one of my sent messages so they are going out. I simply don't have a copy in my Sent box...
  7. Can't send email using Windows 10 Mail

Can't send email using Windows 10 Mail: I am having trouble send emails using the windows mail program on my computer. I can receive, just can't send. this is the error message: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if...
  8. Mail for Windows 10 - NOT able to SEND emails

Mail for Windows 10 - NOT able to SEND emails: I have a new laptop that came with Windows 10. I set up the Mail for Windows 10 with 2 accounts. The incoming mail is working just fine and I receive all emails, however, I cannot SEND any emails. I receive an email that just tells me that Windows cannot send the email and...
  9. Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP

Issue sending e-mail (sends from different email than intended) Microsoft Mail APP: Hello, I noticed that one of my @gmail accounts sends as @outlook account. Thus making the format the following. Sent by: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> What I mean, that 2 of my different e-mails are for...
  10. Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails: Hi I am on a local ISP (mail.naples.net) that uses POP3 and would like to use the Windows 10 mail client. I can receive emails no problem but am not able to send. It just stays in OUTBOX. The only error message I can find is 'attention required' in the accounts tab when I go...