Windows 10: Can't separate mic inputs.

Discus and support Can't separate mic inputs. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I am trying to use my earphone for listening with my laptop's lenovo y520 internal mic. But when I go to the recording devices I always find just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NicolasAzzi, May 8, 2020.

1. Can't separate mic inputs.

So I am trying to use my earphone for listening with my laptop's lenovo y520 internal mic. But when I go to the recording devices I always find just one device which never changes name and is always enabled by always i mean when or when I don't plug my earphone in. And yes I checked the show disabled devices. So I checked for solutions and a lot of them say go to the audio manager and enter advanced settings then separate recording devices. But I don't have written anywhere advanced settings. So it appears that lenovo disabled those settings. And yes I updated my drivers with the lenovo site. And I even tried to install the drivers from the realtek site but that gives problems the audio manager disappears.

So yeah that's my dilemma. I hope someone finds me a solution.

:)

NicolasAzzi, May 8, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 8, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, May 8, 2020
  4. Can't separate mic inputs.

Suddenly my system won't use a mic

One important step, try your mic with a different computer.

Papahyooie, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't separate mic inputs.

1. Can't separate mic inputs. - Similar Threads - Can't separate mic

2. Mic working but no input in apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic working but no input in apps: Hello! For some reason my integrated microphone isn't working anymore in apps. I have an laptop Lenovo Ideapad 320 i5 7200u but I have a hard time finding drivers for it....
  3. mic working but no input in apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic working but no input in apps: Hi, i use asus vivobook mic in my laptop works according to the test mic results in settings. But there is no input in any of the apps other than cortana, i've checked the privacy setting of those apps discord, whatsapp web, zoom, chrome etc they're all allowed to use the mic...
  4. mic working but no input in apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic working but no input in apps: Hi, i use asus zenbook 14 2021 model, i7 11th gen. mic in my laptop works according to the test mic results in settings. But there is no input in any of the apps other than cortana, i've checked the privacy setting of those apps discord, whatsapp web, zoom, chrome etc they're...
  5. MIC Input showing "No Input Device Found"

MIC Input showing "No Input Device Found": Hi,In Dell Inspiron 5590 laptop has a inbuilt MIC. It was working fine. During the last two days, it has stopped working.I go to "Settings"--> "System"-->"Sound". "Input --- Choose your input device" displays "No Input Devices Found".The above is found if I connect an...
  6. Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to separate the output/input volume?: I was trying to make a video of a game. I'm having a bug where only some sounds obey the sound settings (ubisoft for you). Anyway the only way I can get the sound right is by lowering the master volume in the sound settings of windows 10 but that also makes my mic too quiet....
  7. Separation of input and output devices

Separation of input and output devices: I want to use my audio port as a microphone and use another device as an output. The issue is that when I plugged in my microphone to the audio port it worked well, but the speaker did not work at all. I tried to change the output device to a Bluetooth headphone but I...
  8. Mic detected but not receiving input

Mic detected but not receiving input: edition Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 version 20H2 installed in ‎04/‎03/‎2021 SO compilation 19042.631 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 I have an Acer aspire of around 3 years, in 04/03/2021 I clean reinstalled windows on it because I bought a Kingston 480...
  9. Mic detected, but no input.

Mic detected, but no input.: I have my mic plugged in. Its using a split connecter, for the mic, and headset. I can hear perfectly fine, and windows detects both the mic and the headset. keep in mind the mic is apart of the headset. I have tried everything with the wires, and nothing works. I can hear,...
  10. Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell

Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell: I cannot get two of audio sound recording device to work in Windows 10. The laptop inbuilt "Microphone Array" device does work along with another input from a HDMI capture card via USBc; but I want to use input through the mixer mic/output jack, and a USB connected headset....