Windows 10: Can't set a pin on windows 10

Discus and support Can't set a pin on windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have looked through the forums and the issue appears to be with a corrupted pin file. There are two possible solutions that I have seen suggested for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Discover Film, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Can't set a pin on windows 10

I have looked through the forums and the issue appears to be with a corrupted pin file. There are two possible solutions that I have seen suggested for this. One is to log-in locally - I have tried this but it doesn't work. The second it to delete the existing pin file, but I have tried this and I don't have permission to delete even though I have admin access. Can somebody advise how to set a pin as this is annoying that every time I try to log in I get a pin error message. The error message I get is "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. " I then get caught in a loop where I am asked to try again but keep getting same error message.

:)

Discover Film, Jun 27, 2019

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Can't set a pin on windows 10

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Can't set a pin on windows 10

1. Can't set a pin on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't set pin

2. CAN'T SET UP A PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CAN'T SET UP A PIN: Hi, I been trying to set up a PIN to use instead of password but my device Dell E7450 keeps displaying the below message. "Something went wrong.We weren't able to set up your PIN.You can try again or skip this step and set up a PIN later." Please help....
  3. Windows 10 pin set up not working

Windows 10 pin set up not working: I am using an HP Spectre 360 with Windows 10. When I first got it I set up the pin no problem. In the last couple of months I had a problem with the battery and I had to get the techs to change the battery. They also changed the SDD as it was getting a bit flaky. They...
  4. Cannot set Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot set Pin: When I went to play MS Solitaire, a pop up window asked for pin. I tried the same pion I have been using for windows login since windows 10 was available. It kept asking me for a pin and would not accept the pin. I was able to disable pin and started using my MS password...
  5. Can't pin Skype to taskbar in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin Skype to taskbar in Windows 10?: How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-pin-skype-to-taskbar-in-windows-10/d4102660-a3db-4b04-ad47-e2beea96c748
  6. Setting up a PIN for Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up a PIN for Windows 10.: I do not want a Windows PIN. How do I get rid of this annoying startup notice for seting up a pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-pin-for-windows-10/8ae00aab-4e21-4ed9-b298-c2b883dcdb11
  7. windows 10 set pin

windows 10 set pin: I have tried to set my pin as my log in for windows 10 start up but it keeps reverting to password can you advise please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-set-pin/0073caf4-badf-4bed-a6df-c8b725cee5c9
  8. Can't remove pin, if not set up already.

Can't remove pin, if not set up already.: Please help. I have too many passwords. I have a whole page that is covered in passwords from every section of the planet for every company and program. A whole note book. Now Microsoft wants me to even setup a pin on top of my password! :( There is no remove pin option if...
  9. set pin

set pin: need to set pin for hotmail.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/set-pin/8678ac24-d7ae-4b7f-a46e-f1cc34b5f59d"
  10. Can't set up PIN login for daughters account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't set up PIN login for daughters account: *Confused*ConfusedHi All, I'm posting here as the Microsoft Customer Support were of no use at all after spending over 2hrs with them trying to sort this issue out. We got our daughter a new PC for xmas which is preloaded with Win10 Home x64. I have set myself up...