Windows 10: can't set a restore point to get rid of goodie gumdrop - that's the name - that has taken...

Discus and support can't set a restore point to get rid of goodie gumdrop - that's the name - that has taken... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; (wow. I wish I was making this up lol) Restoring to an earlier configuration was so simple in windows 8. Used it for many rescues, Now in win 10 I go... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by billie gray, Oct 14, 2018.

1. can't set a restore point to get rid of goodie gumdrop - that's the name - that has taken...

(wow. I wish I was making this up lol)

Restoring to an earlier configuration was so simple in windows 8. Used it for many rescues, Now in win 10 I go to control panel, enter recovery, and click create restore point. Nothing. The invader has hijacked some fairly important commands -maybe this as well.

I'm not sure which category fits.

:)

billie gray, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, can't set a restore point to get rid of goodie gumdrop - that's the name - that has taken... :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Roan T Win User
    the restore point

Hi Alvaro,

You can save the state of the operating system and your own files by
    creating a restore point, so that if future changes cause a problem, you can
    return them
    to previous versions and settings.

We suggest that you check the article below and follow the
    guidelines and steps under Restore from a system restore point.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

can't set a restore point to get rid of goodie gumdrop - that's the name - that has taken...

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

can't set a restore point to get rid of goodie gumdrop - that's the name - that has taken...

1. can't set a restore point to get rid of goodie gumdrop - that's the name - that has taken... - Similar Threads - can't set restore

2. Setting a Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting a Restore Point: I wanted to set a restore point in Windows 10 21H2 and found that system protection for the C drive 500GB SSD was turned off. I selected the C drive and went to configure it to turn on and received this message "Using system protection on a drive that contains system image...
  3. Setting a Restore Point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a Restore Point: I wanted to set a restore point in Windows 10 21H2 and found that system protection for the C drive 500GB SSD was turned off. I selected the C drive and went to configure it to turn on and received this message "Using system protection on a drive that contains system image...
  4. Setting a Restore Point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't create restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't create restore point: When trying to manually create a restore point from System Properties/System Protection tab, the process runs without ever completing. I've let it go 20 minutes and still nothing. Have to go to Task Manager to get it to stop. Based on info I had read online, I deleted all...
  6. Can't get to restore point (Alt + F10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get to restore point (Alt + F10): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UNICORNDescending [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmnuew/cant_get_to_restore_point_alt_f10/
  7. Can't get FS to start after Restore point.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get FS to start after Restore point.: My Story. I use a local account on my PC, and there is only one account and it is an administrator account. To buy and download MS FS2020, I had to log into my MS account, which I did. After doing this I no long can use My Doc, only Read access. I ended up of a total of three...
  8. Setting System Restore points

Setting System Restore points: Hello, everyone My PC is now using the Microsoft Chrome Edge and I already had a problem with missing Favourites. They are now restored, thank heavens! I had thought about restoring my PC to an earlier point but, on looking at the System Restore points available, only two...
  9. Can't restore windows restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't restore windows restore point: So I need to restore my computer to a restore point that is stored in my SSD, but when I try to restore it, I get an error: system restore failed to replace the file C:\progamdata\microsoft\windows\containers\baseimages\ and then some random numbers. I can't figure out...
  10. can't create restore point

can't create restore point: I get error message: the restore point could not be created... insufficient storage available to create either the shadow copy... (0x8004231F) I have 4 gb allotted for restore points on this partition, which is my C partition, and there are no existing restore points ....