Windows 10: Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can't change the default browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kanishk Paliwal, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

Can't change the default browser

:)

Kanishk Paliwal, Oct 19, 2021

2. MS Edge not listed in default browsers

MS Edge has some shortcomings, and I changed my default browser to IE 11 (in Windows 10).

As I've learned some workarounds for some of the Edge shortcomings, I felt I was ready to once again try Edge as my default browser. I went to Settings, System, Default apps, and scrolled to Web browser. Internet Explorer was shown there, of course, I clicked
    it, and the pop-up/drop-down list of available browsers displayed. It showed Internet Explorer, Google Chrome (which is installed), and Search for an app in the Store. Microsoft Edge, which is certainly on my machine and which I use regularly from the icon
    on my taskbar, is not shown as an option in the pop-up/drop-down list.

Why is this, and what must I do to make Edge be my default browser?

(And I swear, if some Microsoft Tech comes here and tells me to go to Settings, System, Default apps, Web browser, and choose Edge from the list, I'm making a nationally publicized walk to Seattle.)

StuckOnWords, Oct 19, 2021
  3. jaden Win User
    Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10

Edge does not appear on the default browser list.

Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]

jaden, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

Can't set anything to Default Browser!

Hello,

With regard to your issue in setting Microsoft Edge as your default browser, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by
    ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP). Click on the link provided below:

Setting a default browser

To assist you in setting Chrome as your default browser, we suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan. Click on the link given below:

Can't set Chrome as default browser in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

1. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't set browser

2. Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set any browser as the default browser instead of MS Edge in Windows 10: Can't change the default browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-any-browser-as-the-default-browser/29c54e57-06dd-48ca-9883-13d71614fc47
  3. MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Basic Browser Settings.: The latest changes to the basic settings in MS Edge are just a joke. How did anyone think that what has been implemented could be acceptable in any way? Frankly, I am starting to wonder what 99% of the so-called enhancements are worth. Most of them are just a distraction. Or,...
  4. Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set Edge as default browser on Windows 10: Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324
  5. Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot set Edge as default browser | Windows 10: Edge does not appear on the default browser list. [img] 113324
  6. Can't Choose Any Browser To be My Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Choose Any Browser To be My Default Browser: Hello Guys After a while of using the new Windows 10 I faced a problem . when any program in the Desktop wonna redirect me to some internet page the system say " How you wonna open this webset ? " . and in normal case it will give the Choose to use any Browser App I have...
  7. Ms Edge Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge Browser.: I am running windows 10 preview 14393.5. I have the following questions. 1. In ms edge the cast to device is greyed out, is this normal? 2. Will cast to device work with 1st generation google cast device? Henry 57648
  8. Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem setting default browser to any alternative to Edge: I have not had a problem setting the default browser, which for some time has been Maxthon. But suddenly (perhaps due to the April update?) not only has Edge taken over, I cannot now find a way to change it. When I go to default apps in Settings I am only offered the choice...
  9. MS Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Browser: Just upgraded to new Windows 10 along with the new Edge browser. It has been a terrible experience! How do I move my "favorites" to the left side of my browser? I have tried all the various things posted and Googled on how to move it and to no avail, no success. In addition,...
  10. How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge: Hi there I can't use EDGE as my default browser as I have a few media servers and as has been pointed out that as EDGE is a universal app addresses like 127.0.0.1:8000 (i.e localhost type stuff) are no longer addressable. I need these types of addresses to use the web...