Windows 10: Can't set background picture on sign-in screen

Discus and support Can't set background picture on sign-in screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I can't set the background picture on sign-in screen When I go to settings/personalisation/lock screen the option 'Show lock screen background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robgr, Jan 29, 2019.

1. robgr Win User

Can't set background picture on sign-in screen

Hi,
    I can't set the background picture on sign-in screen
    When I go to settings/personalisation/lock screen the option 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' is missing
    Any ideas?

:)

robgr, Jan 29, 2019

2. Changing the background scene on the sign-in screen

Hi,

Windows 10 lets you use the lock screen picture as the background picture of the sign-in screen. For you to change the picture on your sign-in screen, you need to change your
    Lock screen picture first, see steps below:

• Go to the Settings, then Personalization.
    • Under Background section, click on the drop down and choose
      Picture
    • Select Lock screen, under Choose your picture section, click on
      Browse and select your desired picture.
    • Make sure to turn on the Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Windows sign in background pictures

Hi Gigi,

Setting up background pictures on your sign in/lock screen page is a great idea! You can find the images that comes with Windows by following these steps:

• From the Start menu, type in This PC then hit
      Enter.
    • Once on This PC, look for the Pictures folder from the left side of the screen.
    • Click the Pictures folder, then you will see the images/pictures that comes with Windows.

Let us know if this helps.

Kristine Som, Jan 29, 2019
  4. tskandier Win User

Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen

I actually found relief most lately by relinquishing control back to Windows, by letting it choose the best settings, as was the original selection that started this whole mess for me. Maybe their "fix" snuck that functionality back in for us?

tskandier, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't set background picture on sign-in screen - Similar Threads - Can't set background

2. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  3. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  4. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't use a picture as my background

Can't use a picture as my background: I am trying to set an image as my background and my settings are not allowing me to do so. I started by just selecting the 'set as background' option while in an image, but when that didn't work, I went into my personalization options. When I set my settings from 'solid...
  6. Just background picture on the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just background picture on the screen: I boot my PC - it is booting but I see just my background picture on the screen: no shortcuts, no icons. The taskbar is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-background-picture-on-the-screen/ec6b77f2-e49c-495a-a3e2-30f8fc0e5a14
  7. Can't upload picture to background

Can't upload picture to background: Hey, so today I found my screen had a green background, I tried to change it to my normal picture background but it didn't actually upload, I tried many methods to fix it but none of them worked, I decided I might as well get help from Microsoft and the community. If it's any...
  8. Can't sync background picture

Can't sync background picture: I have a feeling that this is going to turn out to be a silly question with an obvious answer that I'm missing, but here goes. I have a tablet, a laptop and a desktop computer all running Windows 10. I log on to each with my Microsoft account. Each has all of its settings...
  9. Lock Screen background picture

Lock Screen background picture: Has anybody had difficulty adding a picture / wallpaper to the lock screen. I have just set up windows 10 screen saver and I see you can change the lock screen back ground picture. I have tried adding either one of the windows wallpapers or one of my own pictures but I...
  10. How To Change Sign-in/Login Screen Background Picture In Windows 10

How To Change Sign-in/Login Screen Background Picture In Windows 10: I'm pretty sure I'm overlooking something really simple, but how do you change the Sign-in/Login Screen picture in Windows 10 Anniversary Update? This is the sign-in page I get when I boot the PC (it automatically signs in, as I use Bitlocker password instead): [img]...