Windows 10: Can't set cellular to metered in Win 10 - switch is greyed out

Discus and support Can't set cellular to metered in Win 10 - switch is greyed out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Title almost says it all - how can I set cellular to a metered connection when the switch is greyed out ?? I am on a limited plan with an internal sim... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2happy, May 30, 2019.

1. 2happy Win User

Can't set cellular to metered in Win 10 - switch is greyed out

Title almost says it all - how can I set cellular to a metered connection when the switch is greyed out ??

I am on a limited plan with an internal sim in my pc and don't wat my data to evaporate. (Win 10 IP 18908)

:)

2happy, May 30, 2019
  2. SumitRoy Win User

Can't toggle between a metered connection and non-metered connection of a cellular network. Option is greyed out.

I can toggle between a metered connection and non-metered connection of a wi-fi network, but I can't toggle between a metered connection and non-metered connection of a cellular network. As the option is greyed out. I used to toggle on windows 8.1, but
    I can't toggle in windows 10. I am using windows 10.0.10240 with all the windows updates installed and windows is up to date.

Can't set cellular to metered in Win 10 - switch is greyed out 4a75994c-5198-4f98-ab12-4e37e39cf211.png

SumitRoy, May 30, 2019
  3. Cellular metering

How to disable Cellular / mobile metering?

I got to Network & Internet settings select Data usage, remove limit, set restrict background data to Never, and Outlook still thinks its a metered connection.

David Sloss (David.Sloss), May 30, 2019
  4. Paey Win User

Windows 10 changing WiFi or Cellular to metered or non metered connections

I have had the most difficult time trying to find information on how to change these 2 types of connections (WiFi & Cellular) to metered or non-metered under the Windows 10 version. I am using a Windows Surface 3 and I couldn't believe how difficult it was
    to find this information. Finally I figured it out on my own.

*Cellular (Mobile Network, Broadband) connections come by default set to metered.
    This I did not know, so whenever I would try to download or connect via Bluetooth, I always got this message saying unable to complete or download due to metered connection. After some research I also learned that this setting can affect some applications
    causing them not to download, update or be playable too so keep that in mind. This setting can also affect your ability to use Tether or Hot Spot.

ALERT PLEASE READ WARNING:

YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE CHANGING CELLULAR SETTING TO NON-METERED, any charges you occur is not Microsoft's Windows problem,
    you will occur charges for Mobile Network, Cellular, Broadband downloading unless you have a unlimited plan with your provider
    so be careful. Once you change this setting you effectively open yourself to overage data charges
    as large downloads will not be stopped, paused or postponed until you are on a WiFi network. I recommend you only change this setting when needed and to leave it at the default setting, which is Metered Connection On, when not needed.

• To allow downloads on cellular connections simply hit Windows key, or go to Start menu, or on some devices you can swipe the right side of your screen to open the Action Bar and select Settings>Devices>Connected Devices. Once you have opened this window
      you will see the Download Over Metered Connections option, simply turn it on.
    • To change Wireless or WiFi select Settings>Network & Internet>WiFi then choose Manage Known Networks, choose the Connection from the Wireless Networks listed that you plan on connecting to or the one your already connected to, and then click properties,
      you will see the option Metered Connections, turn off or on.

Thema:

1. Can't set cellular to metered in Win 10 - switch is greyed out - Similar Threads - Can't set cellular

2. onedrive settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive settings is greyed out: when i stop syncing i can't edit settings, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-is-greyed-out/aa2855f7-2b63-4a12-9e40-3b69c32eae39
  3. onedrive settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive settings is greyed out: when i stop syncing i can't edit settings, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-is-greyed-out/aa2855f7-2b63-4a12-9e40-3b69c32eae39
  4. OneDrive "Settings" greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive "Settings" greyed out: I'm trying to get into my OneDrive settings, but it is greyed out. Why? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-settings-greyed-out/2d9706c6-d646-408f-a3c1-5647d0dc7187
  5. Can't switch out of S Mode - 'get' button is greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't switch out of S Mode - 'get' button is greyed out: I've followed all forum guidance on this topic but no joy. To confirm, I am signed in as an administrator, am using Windows 10 Pro, have updated Windows Store, have no 'associated' accounts and have even completely reinstalled Windows. STILL I can't get out of S Mode. Some...
  6. Set as metered connection setting greyed out on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Set as metered connection setting greyed out on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you notice that that the Set as metered connection setting or option is greyed out on your Windows 10 computer, and consequently, you’re unable […] This article Set as metered connection setting greyed out on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  7. Settings selection is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings selection is greyed out: I have just activated OneDrive on a new laptop. It immediately started to synch all files. I stopped the synch because I only want to install a subset of my OneDrive on this laptop. If found how to do that elsewhere in this Community but the first steps are: more>Settings -...
  8. Set Win 10 connection as a metered connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Win 10 connection as a metered connection: My LAN is connected via router to a metered NBN connection. I do NOT want to connect to the router via WiFi. So how do I set WIN 10 to accept the LAN connection as a metered connection? OS Win 10 home. Thanks in advance Bill...
  9. Cellular metering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cellular metering: How to disable Cellular / mobile metering? I got to Network & Internet settings select Data usage, remove limit, set restrict background data to Never, and Outlook still thinks its a metered connection....
  10. win 10 settings app greyed out on taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win 10 settings app greyed out on taskbar: I have just updated to win 10 release 1709 some problems but only one I need help with. The settings app is there on the taskbar but is not visible, has any one any ideas on how to restore this so that it is visible? 98586

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cant set cellular network to metered

2. network driver greyedout in cellular setting

3. https://www.customizewindows.net/threads/cant-set-cellular-to-metered-in-win-10-switch-is-greyed-out.198737/