Windows 10: Can't set default application of my choice

Discus and support Can't set default application of my choice in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed Image Glass (It is working) and I want to set Image Glass as my default image viewer. In Control Panel under Default Apps I do not get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by battlezone, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Can't set default application of my choice

I have installed Image Glass (It is working) and I want to set Image Glass as my default image viewer. In Control Panel under Default Apps I do not get an option other than the options listed and the App Store. There is no option for choosing another app that is on the computer. What am I missing?

Can't set default application of my choice [​IMG]

:)

battlezone, Jan 23, 2018

2. Save web pages to a file

Thanks, but I can't see any way to set Opera Mini as the default browser. If I open Settings, Phone, Application settings, Default applications, Browsing internet, I get a choice of the nasty Nokia web browser and nothing else.

catandmouse---01, Jan 23, 2018
  3. Alternative to Bing search in IE?

I just replaced my Lumia 520 with a 640 and can't see how to set the default search engine in Internet Explorer. In my old phone it's in the settings, and I could choose either Bing or Google. New phone, same application, but I appear to be stuck with
    Bing. Am I being dim or has the choice been removed?

Martin 520, Jan 23, 2018
  4. Callender Win User

Can't set default application of my choice

You want to set file associations. So click "Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program" and click on the "Current Default" column heading to sort by program name. Scroll down to where your current image viewer is listed and then associate file types one at a time with your new program.

Having said that most image viewers have the option to associate file types somewhere within the options.

Examples:

Callender, Jan 23, 2018
  5. Thanks! That worked just fine.

battlezone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't set default application of my choice

1. Can't set default application of my choice - Similar Threads - Can't set default

2. How to set a default app to prompt for a choice?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set a default app to prompt for a choice?: I would like to set the default for a file type to prompt me to choose which app I want to use. I have two apps that use the same file type and want the ability to choose between them on the fly. How do I do this? I also have a problem that the file type .ris does not show up...
  3. How to set a default app to prompt for a choice?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set a default app to prompt for a choice?: I would like to set the default for a file type to prompt me to choose which app I want to use. I have two apps that use the same file type and want the ability to choose between them on the fly. How do I do this? I also have a problem that the file type .ris does not show up...
  4. How to set a default app to prompt for a choice?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't Set Thunderbird as Default Email Application

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Set Thunderbird as Default Email Application: Hi, friends! I won't belabor the fact that Microsoft has failed us regarding setting file type assignments and default applications, even with tools that calculate the correct hashes. But all I'm trying to do is to set the default email application to Thunderbird, and that...
  6. setting email default application

setting email default application: Using Windows 10 with Brother MFC-J680DW printer/scanner and cannot set default email application. I've tried multiple suggestions and google to no avail. I use a gmail account for email....
  7. Cannot set default applications

Cannot set default applications: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1803 and am fully up to date on Windows Updates (barring the October update, of course, which is not available at the moment). I cannot set default applications for "Choose default applications by file type", or "Choose default applications by...
  8. Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices

Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices: I know that this came up before, at least with Acrobat (I run Acrobat 11 Pro). However, Win 10 also reverts other chosen default app choices to the MS app that handles the file type. JPG graphics are an example. My custom settings stick, even with Acrobat, until I reboot or...
  9. Can't set default applications I want

Can't set default applications I want: I use Web based email through Firefiox but Win10 will not allow me to delete (remove) MS Mail and only offers a search of the Store to set the mail client. I will not use the Store or MS Mail - how can I set Firefox as the default application for email? Note I have the...
  10. Can't choose default software / choices won't get saved

Can't choose default software / choices won't get saved: I've had this problem a few days where I simply can't set a default browser (or any other default software from the settings) anymore. It let's me to go to the list and choose, say, Google Chrome, but then doesn't save my choice. I can revert to Microsoft's default settings...