Windows 10: Can't set default applications I want

Discus and support Can't set default applications I want in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Web based email through Firefiox but Win10 will not allow me to delete (remove) MS Mail and only offers a search of the Store to set the mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GEWB, Jul 5, 2015.

1. GEWB Win User

Can't set default applications I want

I use Web based email through Firefiox but Win10 will not allow me to delete (remove) MS Mail and only offers a search of the Store to set the mail client. I will not use the Store or MS Mail - how can I set Firefox as the default application for email?

Note I have the same issue with Maps - I don't use MS Maps and wish to use a separate Web based program.

Regards,

:)

GEWB, Jul 5, 2015
  2. Timo_D Win User

Change default applications in Nokia 5530 XM

Hi there,

I have a question about setting the default applications under Menu -> Settings -> Phone -> Application sett. -> Default apps. As I understand this, I can change the default application here. But I can't. I want to change the default webbrowser from the
    built in thing to Opera Mobile and the default music player to PowerMP3 but can't figure out how to do this as I only have the standard items when I want to change them.

Greetings

Timo

Timo_D, Jul 5, 2015
  3. Setting WIFI as default connection on E5

Is there anyway to set an E5 to allow WIFI to be the default connection for all applications? For instance, whenever I connect to the Ovi store it automatically defaults to my carriers 3G service and I can't see how to change it.I would like all my
    applications to use my WIFI connection whenever it is available by default.

I want wify always .The data from du connection alaways in offline.

ranya12345, Jul 5, 2015
Thema:

Can't set default applications I want

1. Can't set default applications I want - Similar Threads - Can't set default

2. Windows 11 default application settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 default application settings.: We strongly recommend that Microsoft add the default application settings for Windows 10 to Windows 11 settings!!! The default application settings for Windows 11 adopt the default application software settings scheme of the Windows 7 control panel, but do not refer to...
  3. Windows 11 default application settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 default application settings.: We strongly recommend that Microsoft add the default application settings for Windows 10 to Windows 11 settings!!! The default application settings for Windows 11 adopt the default application software settings scheme of the Windows 7 control panel, but do not refer to...
  4. Can't Set Thunderbird as Default Email Application

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Set Thunderbird as Default Email Application: Hi, friends! I won't belabor the fact that Microsoft has failed us regarding setting file type assignments and default applications, even with tools that calculate the correct hashes. But all I'm trying to do is to set the default email application to Thunderbird, and that...
  5. Program I want to set as default does not show up under set Defaults by app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program I want to set as default does not show up under set Defaults by app: I want to set Visual Studio Code as my default code editor, as well as xnviewmp as the default photo viewer. But both of them, as well as a whole lot of others, don't show up in Default Apps. How can I make them showing up under Default apps?...
  6. setting email default application

setting email default application: Using Windows 10 with Brother MFC-J680DW printer/scanner and cannot set default email application. I've tried multiple suggestions and google to no avail. I use a gmail account for email....
  7. Set the default application of win 10

Set the default application of win 10: My pdf files are currently unable to install the open application by default, when I install Foxit Reader to open it, Windows automatically changes to Edge when I restart the computer. Please help me....
  8. Cannot set default applications

Cannot set default applications: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1803 and am fully up to date on Windows Updates (barring the October update, of course, which is not available at the moment). I cannot set default applications for "Choose default applications by file type", or "Choose default applications by...
  9. Can't set default application of my choice

Can't set default application of my choice: I have installed Image Glass (It is working) and I want to set Image Glass as my default image viewer. In Control Panel under Default Apps I do not get an option other than the options listed and the App Store. There is no option for choosing another app that is on the...
  10. Program I want to set as default will not show up under Default Prog.

Program I want to set as default will not show up under Default Prog.: Hello all... There have a whole host of this type of question registered in the past. But this one - my case - has thrown me for a loop. I've been trying to select Firefox as my default Windows 10 browser program (I used to be able to do it) - but something has happened...