Windows 10: Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor

Discus and support Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello TenForums, I've got a b*tchin' multi monitor setup, and I had it set up to pull different wallpapers from my 3 gigs of dank papes. Each screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shoop, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Shoop Win User

Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor

Hello TenForums,
    I've got a b*tchin' multi monitor setup, and I had it set up to pull different wallpapers from my 3 gigs of dank papes. Each screen had a different wallpaper, and one would change every 30 minutes. Besides the fact that, if you number the monitors 1,2,3 left to right, the wallpapers would change in the order: 1,2,3,2,3,2,1, everything was perfect.

A few weeks ago, all of a sudden i went back to my desktop, and realized all my screens had the same wallpaper, And i cant figure out how how to get it back.

Ctrl+clicking multiple images and selecting set as backgrounds doesn't work.
    Its not a theme issue,

I tired the old wallpaper selector, and when i went to set a wallpaper to a screen I got this:

Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor [​IMG]

Now i get this??

Is there a registry value i can delete to reset these settings?

Halp

:)

Shoop, Apr 6, 2016
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 6, 2016
  3. SimpleMindz, Apr 6, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Apr 6, 2016
  5. Shoop Win User
    Thats not the problem, I already have that menu, but the right click option isnt working the way it should. I think it might be a Monitor settings problem.

Shoop, Apr 6, 2016
  6. Hello Shoop Welcome to the Ten Forums!

First of all having any multiple display set up generally requires the correct type of program that includes options like the "Smart taskbar" as well as being able to assign a separate wallpaper for each monitor which is what you looking for there. The two most popular softwares for this are UltraMON and DisplayFusion that have been around now for quite some time going back to XP-Vista days in fact.

Back when it was WIndows 7 in beta and RC form and onto the retail launch I was first taking a look and ended up with both programs while sticking with the UltraMON software over the years as the preferred here. With 10 however I seem to be staying with the default paper while the 7 side of the dual boot on the main still sees two separate wallpapers in use! I had found UltraMON first before Vista even arrived but was still single display until 7 appeared on the scene when then planning out a much more evolved situation! *Smile So far this is one program that has been run troublefree over the last 6yrs. on 7 and now on 10.

Night Hawk, Apr 6, 2016
  7. Shoop Win User
    Thanks for the welcome. I used to have the exact behavior I wanted. Id rather not have to add another semi working start up program for functionality that used to work stock. Do you know where the registry settings for these options are?

Shoop, Apr 6, 2016
  8. Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor

By your description what you are lacking isn't so much the right click option but the slide show set up on each display separately. One way you could see that restored as well as correcting the right click problem would be rolling the system registry back right before the problem was first seen. You would need a working System Restore point to go back that far however.

The other options of course are the Systtem File Checker in case Windows developed a glitch with a system file or two as well as keeping the Repair Install by In-Place Upgrade options under consideration if it was the present build seeing a problem. With the November 11th Threshold 2 that suddenly would no longer allow naming new folder as well as renaming any existing folders until I re-enabled the Get insider builds option and the next new build a few months after the TH2 came out upgraded over the TH2 seeing all that cleared up.

What 10 brought in with it was the mirroring desktop and it's own form of clone for the Start button and other items on the second display while not seeing the options for separately personalization of things as you would see with a 3rd party program. The two options your original set up would be rolling things back or starting over fresh however.

Night Hawk, Apr 6, 2016
  9. TeamViewer. Uninstall it's crappy monitor driver (the one used to black out remote screen). That will fix the problem.

Salad Fingers, Apr 11, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 11, 2016
  11. What does Team Viewer have to do with anything? That's a remote connection not display type software to begin with. A dark background on a remote pc is seen when simply unchecking the Hide wallpaper option in the View tab on the TV window's menu bar.

Generally when adding on that one more display the primary or secondary will be cloned over to the third. But despite being able to extend the desktop you still won't be able to assign a separate wallpaper for each display. That option isn't present and generally takes a 3rd party app.

The two screens here will show what Shoop is looking for as far as being able to set a different background for each display while these programs still tend to only cover dual display not 3 or more type options.

First you have to see the desktop extension take place where the background is still the same default 10 theme. You'll notice I went a bit further in resolving the smart bar situation by dual Quick bars one for monitoring things with a side bar gadget you drag other things onto.

Next with the 3rd party program at work we see a new profile for separate wallpapers created and see a new paper put into effect on the second display. This is part of what Shoop is looking for as well as getting a separate slideshow running on each display again.

That wouldn't be part of either of the programs being pointed to there however but would be looking at the Slideshow option under Personalization>Background. For seeing a separate slideshow the primary could still see that option used while for the second display run a program like IrfanView if not the Windows Photo Viewer while one of those would have to be started manually each day after startup.

Night Hawk, Apr 12, 2016
  12. Well, as me and few others have found already, it does. It's just a crappy driver that messes with your multiple displays once installed. Might not be the case for you, but since I've personally run into this problem and it took me too much research to figure it out, I just threw it out there in case you have the same problem.

Also, no, what you are talking about is hiding the background of the computer being remotely accessed. The driver I'm talking about is only meant to completely disable the display of the computer being controlled, so others can't see what you are doing. Just give it a try, it looks exactly like the problem few of us fixed by removing said driver.

Salad Fingers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor - Similar Threads - Can't Set Different

2. I can't set different wallpapers on different monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set different wallpapers on different monitors: When I try to set different wallpapers on different monitors, I have a problem. In the set for desktop option it only displays options 1 and 2 even though I have 3 monitors. When I choose 1, nothing changes. When I choose 2 it changes for everyone....
  3. I can't set different wallpapers on different monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't set different wallpapers on different monitors: When I try to set different wallpapers on different monitors, I have a problem. In the set for desktop option it only displays options 1 and 2 even though I have 3 monitors. When I choose 1, nothing changes. When I choose 2 it changes for everyone....
  4. Can't set a different wallpaper for second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set a different wallpaper for second monitor: Hello,When I set up a second monitor for my system, I wanted for both monitors to have different wallpapers, but when I tried to do so, I couldn't do it. All it shows is "set as desktop background" instead of "set for monitor 1" or "set for monitor 2".I didn't have multiple...
  5. Can't set a different wallpaper for second monitor

Can't set a different wallpaper for second monitor: Hello,When I set up a second monitor for my system, I wanted for both monitors to have different wallpapers, but when I tried to do so, I couldn't do it. All it shows is "set as desktop background" instead of "set for monitor 1" or "set for monitor 2".I didn't have multiple...
  6. I can't set wallpapers per monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set wallpapers per monitor.: Hello, I've been trying to set wallpaper per monitor however selecting set for monitor one sets for both and set for monitor two sets for none. I am on windows 11. Just wanting to know whether anyone else has been getting this bug or how I can report it....
  7. I can't set wallpapers per monitor.

I can't set wallpapers per monitor.: Hello, I've been trying to set wallpaper per monitor however selecting set for monitor one sets for both and set for monitor two sets for none. I am on windows 11. Just wanting to know whether anyone else has been getting this bug or how I can report it....
  8. Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.: Hello there,I have a dual monitor setup with one set on portraitflipped orientation. Whenever I go to Personalize -> Background -> Right Click a picture and "Set for Desktop 1", it sets the same wallpaper for both monitors. When I select "Set for Desktop 2, nothing happens....
  9. Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.

Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.: Hello there,I have a dual monitor setup with one set on portraitflipped orientation. Whenever I go to Personalize -> Background -> Right Click a picture and "Set for Desktop 1", it sets the same wallpaper for both monitors. When I select "Set for Desktop 2, nothing happens....
  10. Creators Update - Cannot set different wallpaper per monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creators Update - Cannot set different wallpaper per monitor: Hi all I just updated to the Creators Edition and my link to the classic wallpaper chooser (that I got from this site) is now opening up the default personalisation screen. Meaning that I no longer have the ability to set a different background per monitor. I was...