Windows 10: Can't set my headset back to 7.7 surround sound, I'm stuck on stereo

Discus and support Can't set my headset back to 7.7 surround sound, I'm stuck on stereo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason my pc thinks my headset is now a stereo headset from it being set to 7.1 surround sound. I was using this software that lowers the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by onigk61, Dec 22, 2019.

1. onigk61 Win User

Can't set my headset back to 7.7 surround sound, I'm stuck on stereo

For some reason my pc thinks my headset is now a stereo headset from it being set to 7.1 surround sound.
    I was using this software that lowers the decibels of my sound but after setting it up I could only hear through right and left channel.

So anything that was any other channel like centre and all the back channels I couldn't hear anything.

For example when testing right channel i'd hear a sound but when resting back left channel I wouldn't hear anything.

After a few restarts my pc now thinks I have a stereo headset.

I know this because when I revisited the configure settings for my headset the only channel to test was stereo however previously the only option was 7.1 surround sound.

Here's the software that I downloaded just before I had the problem: https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

:)

onigk61, Dec 22, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Can't set my headset back to 7.7 surround sound, I'm stuck on stereo :p

cadaveca, Dec 22, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Mad Catz Announces the F.R.E.Q.7 Surround Sound Gaming Headset

Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. announced that the F.R.E.Q.7 Surround Sound Gaming Headset featuring Dolby Headphone Technology is now available for pre-order. Part of the Company's range of GameSmart products, the F.R.E.Q.7 is compatible with a wide variety of devices and is expected to ship in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.

Ideal for use with gaming, movies, music and more, the F.R.E.Q.7 features Dolby Headphone Technology and Dolby Pro Logic IIx technology, expanding stereo and 5.1 audio to rich 7.1 surround sound, perfect for empowering gamers with a competitive edge. In addition, PC gamers can instantly toggle between surround sound and stereo to ensure they have the right audio for their game or music.

Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. stated, "Part of our GameSmart initiative, we believe the F.R.E.Q.7 offers uncompromising levels of performance and versatility which will resonate with the passionate gamer."

The F.R.E.Q.7 features software driven EQ, providing multiple settings for gaming, voice and music as well as the ability to separately adjust chat and game volume levels. The detachable in-line cable allows for easy conversion from USB to 3.5mm to support stereo audio on iPhone, tablets and most Smart Devices.

The F.R.E.Q.7 ships with a desktop stand and will be available in matte black, gloss black, gloss white and gloss red colors.

Additional information and pre-order details available here.

btarunr, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Can't set my headset back to 7.7 surround sound, I'm stuck on stereo :p

Solaris17, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't set my headset back to 7.7 surround sound, I'm stuck on stereo - Similar Threads - Can't set headset

2. Surround sound configure only has stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surround sound configure only has stereo: im trying too set up surround sound, my 3 jacks are hooked up to a aux splitter and put into mu green port. when i try and configure my speakers only setero comes up and not 5.1. not sure how to fix this....
  3. Surround sound configure only has stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surround sound configure only has stereo: im trying too set up surround sound, my 3 jacks are hooked up to a aux splitter and put into mu green port. when i try and configure my speakers only setero comes up and not 5.1. not sure how to fix this....
  4. there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo: there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo why ? http://get1.imglarger.com:8889/results/7z3JaqZw_2x.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-not-71-surround-sound-in-my-computer-its/4fd81377-6ca9-4d1c-bcc9-d808cb5584f2
  5. there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo: there is not 7.1 surround sound in my computer its only stereo why ? http://get1.imglarger.com:8889/results/7z3JaqZw_2x.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-not-71-surround-sound-in-my-computer-its/4fd81377-6ca9-4d1c-bcc9-d808cb5584f2
  6. Stereo and 7.1 surround sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo and 7.1 surround sound: Hello, So this past week, I have been having issues with windows and its audio problems. Let me start from the beginning. So things started happening like a week ago, when one morning I woke up and spacial sound softwares like DTS Headphone:X and Dolby Atmos were unusable....
  7. Bluetooth Headset Surround Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headset Surround Sound: Hello all, So, I've seen some issues that people have been having with getting their bluetooth connected period, not getting sound out of their headphones once connected or even having sound until they launch something, in which, I've had those issues as well, but worked it...
  8. Razer kraken 7.1 surround sound and stereo sound not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Razer kraken 7.1 surround sound and stereo sound not working.: hello! Recently i was gifted with a razer kraken TE headset. however upon using it, i realized that the surround sound didnt work. For example, if someone is walking next to me in a game, i wouldn't be able to recognize which side he is coming from. I messaged razer for...
  9. 5.1 surround sound intermittently switching to stereo and back.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5.1 surround sound intermittently switching to stereo and back.: Hi, Hope you guys can help as I couldn't find anything helpful on the web. My issue is that while playing any audio in surround sound it will randomly switch to 2 speaker stereo and back. My setup is as follows: Windows 10 Home intel i5 processor Nvidia GTX1070 gpu outputs...
  10. Can't go back to windows 7 and i'm stucked on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't go back to windows 7 and i'm stucked on windows 10: so after my dad and mom buyed this pc i have no idea if this just got upgraded to windows 10 or it's literally windows 10 after a few day's i played League of Legends(its already installed in the computer) while i was playing the computer just shuted itself and something...