Windows 10: Can't set my monitor to 240Hz

Discus and support Can't set my monitor to 240Hz in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought this new 240 Hz LC27RG50FQUXEN and I can't set it to any value higher than 240Hz. I tried so many things but to no avail, I tried turning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Blackpillar, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Can't set my monitor to 240Hz

I just bought this new 240 Hz LC27RG50FQUXEN and I can't set it to any value higher than 240Hz. I tried so many things but to no avail, I tried turning Adaptive-sync off, I tried turning V-sync off, I had the ability to set it to 144hz but with DP Version 1.1, whenever I set the DP Ver to 1.2 I can't set it any higher. I also noticed that on my monitor's menu, the DP Ver 1.2 has an arrow pointing upwards as if it's needing an update or something. I also am using the cable that came with the monitor which is a DP.

:)

Blackpillar, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Can't set my monitor to 240Hz

Samsung Introduces 27 inch 240Hz G-Sync Curved Gaming Monitor CRG5

Source:

Brink, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't set my monitor to 240Hz

1. Can't set my monitor to 240Hz - Similar Threads - Can't set monitor

2. Laptop monitor can't run at 240HZ anymore, black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop monitor can't run at 240HZ anymore, black screen: Hello, looking for some help regarding this mystery.My laptop is a ROG Strix G512LV_G512LV with the processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHzThe laptop's monitor has been running at 240HZ ever since I bought it in 2020, but just a few days ago, the monitor...
  3. Laptop monitor can't run at 240HZ anymore, black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop monitor can't run at 240HZ anymore, black screen: Hello, looking for some help regarding this mystery.My laptop is a ROG Strix G512LV_G512LV with the processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHzThe laptop's monitor has been running at 240HZ ever since I bought it in 2020, but just a few days ago, the monitor...
  4. My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...: Hello there, This is a problem of my Monitor which is stuck at a resolution of 832x600 and a stuck refresh rate of 1 hertz. So all I did was change my refresh rate back to the way it was supposed to be. I saw it was 30hz at the time and I changed it back to 240hz the original...
  5. My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...

My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...: Hello there, This is a problem of my Monitor which is stuck at a resolution of 832x600 and a stuck refresh rate of 1 hertz. So all I did was change my refresh rate back to the way it was supposed to be. I saw it was 30hz at the time and I changed it back to 240hz the original...
  6. My monitor is 240hz but my monitor is stuck at 1hz and it reset my resolution and it is...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to keep 240hz refresh rate on new monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep 240hz refresh rate on new monitor: This is my situation. I have a MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with an HDMI 2.1 output that I have an external monitor connected to. The monitor is a 1440p Asus ROG PG279QM. The monitor has several HDMI 2.0 inputs and a DP 1.4 input. The monitor is capable of a 240hz refresh...
  8. How to keep 240hz refresh rate on new monitor

How to keep 240hz refresh rate on new monitor: This is my situation. I have a MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with an HDMI 2.1 output that I have an external monitor connected to. The monitor is a 1440p Asus ROG PG279QM. The monitor has several HDMI 2.0 inputs and a DP 1.4 input. The monitor is capable of a 240hz refresh...
  9. GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GameDVR unable to record with 60fps limit, because of 240hz monitor?: When recording with GameDVR you can chose between 30fps or 60fps limit. But in my case the recorded videos all have higher fps than the limit. E.g. limit is set to 60fps - video has 80fps. or if limit is set to 30fps - video has 35fps. Is that due to the 240hz high...
  10. Night light setting on 240hz monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light setting on 240hz monitor: Hey. There seems to be an issue when the Night Light setting is ON, only on the Alienware AW2518HF, scrolling the websites creates a greenish effect around the text....