Windows 10: Cant set PIN code or fingerprint in settings, because of some security settings, which are...

Discus and support Cant set PIN code or fingerprint in settings, because of some security settings, which are... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello to everyone, Few weeks ago, everything was allright. But now, Im not able to set PIC code or fingerprint. I always have to use my account... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FarmerCzech, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Cant set PIN code or fingerprint in settings, because of some security settings, which are...

Hello to everyone,

Few weeks ago, everything was allright. But now, Im not able to set PIC code or fingerprint. I always have to use my account password.

When I open settings, where should I be able to set PIN code or fingerprint, all the boxes are greyed.

I cant even change the option, when to ask for password, thats greyd too. There is some text above, that this opiton cant be changed, because of some security settings... But I cant change these settings as well.

I have tried everything, every tutorial I found... but I cant still solve this problem.

It works on my other devices connected with my microsoft account

Thank you so mich for every idea.

:)

FarmerCzech, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Kaedarn Win User

Fingerprint Reader and setting up a PIN

You can set up a pin by opening up Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options.

Your fingerprint reader should work again after that.

Kaedarn, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Cannot set up the fingerprint after sucessfully setting up the PIN

Thank you for getting back to us with those details. To rectify your concern, we advise that you check if biometrics is enabled in your BIOS. Computers that allow biometric logins may tend to store fingerprint data. If it is disabled, this may fail to recognize
    your fingerprint which can prevent you in setting this up. If it is enabled, should you see an option reset the fingerprint data, try to do so as well.

To get into the BIOS configuration, follow these steps:

• Boot to the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) by going into Start
      > Settings > Update & security > Recovery
      > under Advanced startup, click on Restart now.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Click on UEFI Firmware Settings.

Moreover, we can check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. Hence, it is advisable that you create a new account. You can refer to the steps provided on this
    article to learn the specific steps on how to do it in Windows 10.

If you still need help, let us know so we can assist you further.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Cant set PIN code or fingerprint in settings, because of some security settings, which are...

Cannot set up the fingerprint after sucessfully setting up the PIN

Hi,

I had the same issue which I managed to fix. After having my motherboard changed I was unable to sign in with my fingerprint, and then I was unable to configure Windows Hello to work with my fingerprint.

1. Removed my PIN as a sign in option.

2. Set up Windows Hello.

3. Re-setup my PIN code.

For whatever reason that worked. I hope it does for you.

Enjoy!

StephanPaw, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Cant set PIN code or fingerprint in settings, because of some security settings, which are...

1. Cant set PIN code or fingerprint in settings, because of some security settings, which are... - Similar Threads - Cant set PIN

2. Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code: Hi,Whenever I try to log in, my windows 11 computer tries to make me create a PIN code, however it always says: "something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN" . After which it logs me out again. So I'm stuck in an infinite loop.Things I've tried:Reinstalled...
  3. Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in because I can't set a PIN code: Hi,Whenever I try to log in, my windows 11 computer tries to make me create a PIN code, however it always says: "something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN" . After which it logs me out again. So I'm stuck in an infinite loop.Things I've tried:Reinstalled...
  4. I am unable to sign in because I set fingerprint without set pin .

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am unable to sign in because I set fingerprint without set pin .: When iam trying to sign in it shows,The User Profile service service failed the sign in User profile cannot be loadedThen ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-in-because-i-set-fingerprint/3190dd48-52ff-4d0f-8a23-485aaf708d25
  5. I am unable to sign in because I set fingerprint without set pin .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to sign in because I set fingerprint without set pin .: When iam trying to sign in it shows,The User Profile service service failed the sign in User profile cannot be loadedThen ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-sign-in-because-i-set-fingerprint/3190dd48-52ff-4d0f-8a23-485aaf708d25
  6. I am unable to sign in because I set fingerprint without set pin .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cant set up pin

Cant set up pin: I just got a new Windows Laptop and whenever I try to add a new account to the device, it asks me to set up a pin for it. It then says "We were unable to set up your pin" so I clicked "Skip for now" and then it just restarts my computer every time and I can't sign into my...
  8. "Sync your settings" not working because of "Some of these settings are hidden or managed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Sync your settings" not working because of "Some of these settings are hidden or managed...: Quite easy and simple: I tried finding tutorials online but they were all for the lock screen, or the Desktop Background. I am the only person signed into this machine. I have a Microsoft Office 365 subscription and have OneDrive etc. [ATTACH] I have tried anythig from...
  9. Cannot set up Hello PIN and Fingerprint

Cannot set up Hello PIN and Fingerprint: Hi anyone has encountered this problem - when you want to set up Hello Pin and Fingerprint sign-in option but u cannot press the button on "set up". It says "this option is currently unavailable - click here to learn more". I have been trying multiple times but it does not...
  10. regarding fingerprint and pin set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    regarding fingerprint and pin set up: I reset my laptop before 5 days to solv some software problem. I called to the dell support and they did this and reset my laptop and now I am trying to set my pin and finger print ,I am unable to set it. what should I do, I tried a lot ....