Windows 10: Can't set route for VPN

Discus and support Can't set route for VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I got the following issue. I connected to VPN server and got the following routes table:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by glestwid, Dec 31, 2018.

1. glestwid Win User

Can't set route for VPN

Hi, I got the following issue. I connected to VPN server and got the following routes table:

With bold I emphasized the routes appeared after VPN connection's establishing. Now I need to redirect all traffic to the VPN connection I do it via the following commands:

route delete 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 192.168.231.2
    route add 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 10.9.3.98 metric 8

As a result I get the following table:

But I can't even PING any site or PC. How can I resolve this issue?

:)

glestwid, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Dec 31, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Can't set route for VPN :D

P4-630, Dec 31, 2018
  4. KC9MSG Win User

Can't set route for VPN

wanting to set up a vpn

I have been thinking lately about wanting to set up a vpn on my home network, kinda for added security and kinda because everyone I know is using one, however I have at and t for internet and not sure if there are any that work on at and t. anyone have any suggestions on how to set up a vpn on at and t uverse internet, we have 2 windows 10 laptops and a mac desktop plus 2 iphones and one android that use the wifi.

KC9MSG, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Can't set route for VPN

1. Can't set route for VPN - Similar Threads - Can't set route

2. Routing Table Problem after KB5009543 VPN issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Routing Table Problem after KB5009543 VPN issue: Before the KB5009543 issue that broke L2TP VPN connections, my customers could connect to their networks remotely and use mapped drives. Now, though I have been able to restore the remote connections, the mapped drives no longer work. Other than to apply the Microsoft patch...
  3. Routing Table Problem after KB5009543 VPN issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Routing Table Problem after KB5009543 VPN issue: Before the KB5009543 issue that broke L2TP VPN connections, my customers could connect to their networks remotely and use mapped drives. Now, though I have been able to restore the remote connections, the mapped drives no longer work. Other than to apply the Microsoft patch...
  4. Exclusion Routes - Windows 10 VPN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exclusion Routes - Windows 10 VPN: I have a PowerShell script that uses an XML of a VPN profile that I want to create. The script creates the profile however, it isn't providing me the desired results. For example, the protocol type is being set to IKEv2 even though I specify SSTP. Also, none of the exclusion...
  5. Exclude Routes Windows 10 VPN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exclude Routes Windows 10 VPN: I'm hoping to either modify my existing VPN connections on my windows computer or create a new VPN profile with the exclusion routes.My VPN connection is a forced tunnel.I came across this documentation Optimizing Office 365 traffic for remote workers with the native Windows...
  6. Routing and remote access services VPN problem.

Routing and remote access services VPN problem.: Hi! I have a problem with my windows 10.. I try to create a incoming connection VPN and if a try i get that screen: [ATTACH] Sorry for the Hungarian but I'am Hungarian.. So thats screen says "The incoming connections depend on the routung and remote access sevice, that...
  7. Does win10 native vpn route all traffic via vpn?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does win10 native vpn route all traffic via vpn?: I normally use router based vpn (lan to lan) but am currently testing win10 native, specifically l2tp with pre-shared key. What I am finding is that when the vpn is connected, I can't access some other resources - specifically some remote routers on wan that only accept from...
  8. IP route not working for VPN connection

IP route not working for VPN connection: I am on Windows 10 Home Version 1903 I have installed SonicWall VPN as a workaround and Cisco VPN client. My VPN client shows "connected" a few secs after I start the vpn session VPN Client creates the following IP Interface on my Windows Ethernet adapter Ethernet 3:...
  9. How to refresh routing after VPN create and connect

How to refresh routing after VPN create and connect: After I've created VPN, connecting and trying to access network path on the PC in the VPN network I am unable to access it until I start the command "tracert google.hr". Tracert is not an option because it takes too long and I can't run that on client machines. What is the...
  10. VPN routing table issues on 1809

VPN routing table issues on 1809: I have a program using DotRas to set up a VPN connection. My program will set the VPN interface not as the default gateway and insert custom routing rules so that other programs won't pass through the VPN connection. // works before 1809 update RasEntry entry =...