Windows 10: Can't set up a 5ghz mobile hotspot on Windows, 2.4ghz works fine

Discus and support Can't set up a 5ghz mobile hotspot on Windows, 2.4ghz works fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, lately I have been having trouble setting up a 5ghz mobile hotspot on Windows. I am connecting to the WiFi router, which enables to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BorisPirs, Jan 25, 2021.

1. BorisPirs Win User

Can't set up a 5ghz mobile hotspot on Windows, 2.4ghz works fine

Hello,

lately I have been having trouble setting up a 5ghz mobile hotspot on Windows. I am connecting to the WiFi router, which enables to connect to 2.4ghz or 5ghz through a dual band wifi adapter, which connects to the router just fine, either with 2.4ghz or 5ghz. I recently bought a VR set and now I wish to connect the VR set to my PC with the PC being the mobile hotspot.

The strange problem is, that I can set up a mobile hotspot if I connect with 2.4ghz. If I connect to 5ghz and then try to set up a mobile hotspot, I get the message "We can't set up mobile hotspot". I tried every possible solution I could find, reeinstalling drivers, enabling/disabling direct virtual adapters, setting the band to 5ghz only IEEE 802.11ac restarting computer etc. etc. NOTHING works. Is this because of the router settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

BorisPirs, Jan 25, 2021
  2. SpaceGod Win User

Windows 10 5GHz Mobile Hotspot Option

Hi Richard,

What I am doing is trying to create a 5GHz hotspot on my desktop WiFi card, that does support 5GHz, to my smart tv that also supports 5GHz. The only connection I have going to my router is my desktop through a Ethernet cable. From this theoretical setup,
    everything should work; but the windows mobile hotspot software is not letting me set up a 5GHz hotspot on my desktop.

Thanks.

SpaceGod, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Can't set up a 5ghz mobile hotspot on Windows, 2.4ghz works fine

lorraine walsh, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Can't set up a 5ghz mobile hotspot on Windows, 2.4ghz works fine

1. Can't set up a 5ghz mobile hotspot on Windows, 2.4ghz works fine - Similar Threads - Can't set 5ghz

2. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  3. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  4. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop: I was using my work laptop to share internet to my iphone using an inbuilt mobile hotspot feature I have lan connenction all the time during my work hours. Now, I am facing a problem that when i open the mobile hotspot feature, I can only use internet on my iphone and there's...
  6. Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop

Mobile Hotspot working fine but no internet on laptop: I was using my work laptop to share internet to my iphone using an inbuilt mobile hotspot feature I have lan connenction all the time during my work hours. Now, I am facing a problem that when i open the mobile hotspot feature, I can only use internet on my iphone and there's...
  7. 5ghz Hotspot not working

5ghz Hotspot not working: Recently upgraded my motherboard which has a intergrated AX210 wi-fi adapter. I have been trying to create a 5ghz hotspot, but everytime I do I get the same message:"The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again"I've seen this article...
  8. Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band

Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band: I know there are many question related to this, but I have serched a lot in all topics in Microsoft comunity or in reddit posts there were any working solutions or problem as mine some people had hardware incompatibility, not my case, etc. Proof: I have bougth this pc in...
  9. Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot

Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot: I have Windows 10. And I have a good network connection with good internet. But my laptop does not set up mobile hotspot. It says "We can't set up mobile hotspot." . I am facing this problem from January, 2019. Please HELP me....
  10. setting up mobile hotspot

setting up mobile hotspot: im using a dell i7 and i have just updatd to windows 10. im having trouble with setting up my hotspot. it keeps saying it cannot set up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/setting-up-mobile-hotspot/299565e9-193c-415f-880f-36050613b6a6