Windows 10: CAN'T SET UP A PIN

Discus and support CAN'T SET UP A PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I been trying to set up a PIN to use instead of password but my device Dell E7450 keeps displaying the below message. "Something went wrong.We... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EMMANUEL OMONDI, Jul 6, 2019.

1. CAN'T SET UP A PIN

Hi,

I been trying to set up a PIN to use instead of password but my device Dell E7450 keeps displaying the below message.

"Something went wrong.We weren't able to set up your PIN.You can try again or skip this step and set up a PIN later."

Please help.

:)

EMMANUEL OMONDI, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts CAN'T SET UP A PIN :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 6, 2019
  4. CAN'T SET UP A PIN

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

CAN'T SET UP A PIN

1. CAN'T SET UP A PIN - Similar Threads - CAN'T SET PIN

2. Setting up PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up PIN: I recently reformatted my laptop and forgot to sign out of windows, now my recent PIN is no longer available due to change in security system, it said. But whenever I try 'set up my PIN' the screen says my user profile cannot be loaded....
  3. Set up pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up pin.: Hi so before I can get to homescreen i have to put my pin in.But , it says Something happened and your PIN isint available. Click to set up your PIN again. All fine bit when I press it it throws me back at the sam screen again and i have tried the safe restart thing.Any help...
  4. Can't set up PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set up PIN: Somehow my PIN is gone. Tried to set it up but get message "Something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later."...
  5. Can't set up PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set up PIN: Somehow my PIN is gone. Tried to set it up but get message "Something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later."...
  6. Can't set up PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Setting up a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up a pin: Hello, I am trying to set up a pin for my Microsoft laptop but I get this message "Something went wrong We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later." I tried trying again, skipping the step and trying again later nothing...
  8. Can't set up a new PIN

Can't set up a new PIN: "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." This what I got after the latest update. If I click on "Set up my PIN", either nothing passes, or there's another notification showing that sends me to the store to get an app in order to do...
  9. Setting up a pin

Setting up a pin: Im trying to set up a pin but when I do it shows a black tab then it turns white and turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-pin/0eabbb62-0c5c-49a8-95d0-3c23a35d7a0e
  10. Can't remove pin, if not set up already.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remove pin, if not set up already.: Please help. I have too many passwords. I have a whole page that is covered in passwords from every section of the planet for every company and program. A whole note book. Now Microsoft wants me to even setup a pin on top of my password! :( There is no remove pin option if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant set up windows pin