Windows 10: can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

Discus and support can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 : in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GrenobleFrance, Oct 25, 2021.

1. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :

:)

GrenobleFrance, Oct 25, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Local user account with no need for password

Yes, you can set up a local account with a blank password during the 'Out of Box Experience' (OoBE) initial set up. See Step 24 in this tutorial.

Clean Install Windows 10

4. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

1. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 : - Similar Threads - can't set password

2. unable to set a local user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to set a local user account windows 10: Hi to All,Just new to the forum, I have a question about windows 10 pro.Looks like this laptop was reset but I think this laptop was set-up for an school board.After reset on the step to se-up a user my only option is enter an email address for an specific school board., I am...
  3. unable to set a local user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to set a local user account windows 10: Hi to All,Just new to the forum, I have a question about windows 10 pro.Looks like this laptop was reset but I think this laptop was set-up for an school board.After reset on the step to se-up a user my only option is enter an email address for an specific school board., I am...
  4. unable to set a local user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  6. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  7. Cannot set up local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up local user account: Hello I am simply trying to set up a local user account on my computer for someone who does not have a microsoft account. Unfortunately, when the person tries to sign in, firstly their name does not appear as the other user - only the generic 'other user' account appears....
  8. Local user account with no need for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local user account with no need for password: Hi, I have two computers. One is a Windows 7 and I am in the process of upgrading that to Win 10. The other is a new Dell Optiplex 5270, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD OS drive. Question regarding the new Dell Optiplex: One thing I want to do is have my computer...
  9. Setting up a password for a Windows 10 existing other user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up a password for a Windows 10 existing other user account: Hi, Our family of four uses one main computer. I have it set up so my wife and I use the administrator account/desktop and our boys have an "other user" account. I would like to set up a password for the boys "other user" account. The admin account is uses a PIN. Thanks,...
  10. Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...