Windows 10: Can't set up password or picture password after reset

Discus and support Can't set up password or picture password after reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just reset my PC cleared files, apps, and settings, but not the drive and now I can't set up a password or picture password anymore. Before I reset... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by [-Alyssa-], Oct 21, 2020.

1. Can't set up password or picture password after reset

I just reset my PC cleared files, apps, and settings, but not the drive and now I can't set up a password or picture password anymore. Before I reset my PC, I was using those two features to sign in. But they're not even in the sign-in options anymore, so I can't use them. How do I get the password and picture password features back? please

Can't set up password or picture password after reset 7deda080-d2b7-4253-a85f-544e995df766?upload=true.png

:)

[-Alyssa-], Oct 21, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Can't set up password or picture password after reset

reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Can't set up password or picture password after reset

1. Can't set up password or picture password after reset - Similar Threads - Can't set password

2. Can't reset password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset password.: Trying to help cousin who can't sign in to Windows 10. Gone through the steps online and received code. Says they will verify information and get back to me within 24 hours. It's been over 3 days.The phone number for the account is a landline for former employer. He doesn't...
  3. Can't reset password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reset password.: Trying to help cousin who can't sign in to Windows 10. Gone through the steps online and received code. Says they will verify information and get back to me within 24 hours. It's been over 3 days.The phone number for the account is a landline for former employer. He doesn't...
  4. Can't reset password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot set up Picture password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot set up Picture password: When I try to set up the Picture password, after I choose a picture, make the gestures, and accept, I get an error message:Registration errorThere was an error while registering. Please try again later......
  6. Cannot set up Picture password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up Picture password: When I try to set up the Picture password, after I choose a picture, make the gestures, and accept, I get an error message:Registration errorThere was an error while registering. Please try again later......
  7. Cannot set up Picture password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Password not working, can't reset password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password not working, can't reset password: I see this question archived but the problem identified id s different than mine.Mine is that when I click to reset to "Change Password" the "Change" button is grey out and inactive as if I do not have the proper admin access to use the button. I do have full admin access on...
  9. No picture password option in settings

No picture password option in settings: Hello. I wanted to add a picture password on my laptop, but when I went into settings, there wasn't an option for picture password. There wasn't an option for a normal password either. There were only options for windows hello face, windows hello fingerprint, windows hello...
  10. Can't reset Password

Can't reset Password: Hello, I can't remember my password, I have access to my main computer because it is set to use a pin. I remember my pin. My tablet is a paperweight. It is on password. I can't remember my password. I click, "Don't remember password" I get, "enter email address...