Windows 10: Can't set up the "Calls" function in the "Your Phone" app

Discus and support Can't set up the "Calls" function in the "Your Phone" app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to set up the "Calls" feature to place calls from my PC via my Nokia 7.2 Android 10 phone. Everything else works fine: Messages,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sba923, Aug 10, 2020.

1. sba923 Win User

Can't set up the "Calls" function in the "Your Phone" app

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the "Calls" feature to place calls from my PC via my Nokia 7.2 Android 10 phone.

Everything else works fine: Messages, Notifications and Photos.

The phone and PC are paired via Bluetooth, the Settings app shows the phone is "connected" icon = phone handset.

The phone's Internet connection is via 4G/LTE, and the PC uses the phone's connection.

The "Your Phone" app hangs at this screen:

Can't set up the "Calls" function in the "Your Phone" app 63007a86-12b1-4c7a-9ef6-f27b927ea089?upload=true.png

I've tried stopping/repairing the app on the PC, and force stop-ping/restarting the companion app on the phone, to no avail.

Any clue?

:)

sba923, Aug 10, 2020
  2. bradavon Win User

Your Phone App: Ringtone and Call quality terrible?

Hi,

Anyone help with this? Thanks.

Windows 10 version: 1909 (Build: 18363.815)
    Your Phone App version: 1.20041.85.0
    Your Phone Companion Link to Windows app version: 1.20041.82.0
    Link to Windows Service version: 1.0.5.2.30

Samsung Galaxy S10: Android 10 / OneUI 2.1

It worked fine using my Surface Pro 4 but on my new Surface Pro X the Ringtone and Call Quality through the Your Phone app are terrible: Constant crackling, tapping whatever you want to call it. Kind of like coins being dropped.

All other aspects of Your Phone work wonderfully.

I've tried:

Phone:

1. Bluetooth: Unpairing the Surface Pro X
    2. Your Phone Companion App: Clearing Application Data/Cache
    Surface Pro X:

1. Settings -> Bluetooth: Unpairing the phone
    2. Settings -> Phone: Unlinking the phone
    3. Settings -> Apps: Your Phone App: Repair and Reset
    I then set it all up again which went through all fine.

I've also tried:

1. Device Manager -> All Bluetooth Drivers -> Update Driver
    2. Paired a Bluetooth speaker to my Surface Pro X. This works fine.
    I suspect the issue is related to the Your Phone App and Bluetooth but don't know where to check next?

Because the crackling noise seems to be bluetooth related.

Thanks

bradavon, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Your Phone app not working

Perhaps this may be of help clearing up some confusion.

If you do a search for "Your Phone" via the Windows 10 start menu, the result takes you to the "Your Phone" app page, which gives you the options to connect/sync your computer to your phone. It is the settings on that page that I have struggled with, because they lead you nowhere, with no way to complete the process. At least, that is my experience.

But there is another choice in that also shows up farther down in the start menu "Your Phone" the search results called "Link your phone". It takes you to a different settings page titled "Your Phone", but gives you options not found on the Your Phone "app" page, including the ability to add a device, and most importantly, "unlink" your phone. This is the crucial step, which will lead you to the next step of re-linking your phone on your computer. You will come across a popup that displays a QR code (you will be asked to scan this QR code in a further step), and you will be asked to install the the Your Phone app on your phone (even if it is already installed), upon which it will then offer you to confirm the process by either scanning the QR code, or signing into Microsoft.

For me, for whatever reason, scanning the QR code did not work, but signing into Microsoft did complete the process.

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Your Phone app can now make calls from Android phone

Read more: Windows 10 Your Phone app can now be used to make calls from Android phones | ZDNet

Brink, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't set up the "Calls" function in the "Your Phone" app - Similar Threads - Can't set Calls

2. Your Phone App functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App functionality: So I've been using the Your phone app on my Surface pro 6 for a while now. And while I enjoy the app it has some problems that I wanted to see if other people had too. I use a Andriod 10 phone that doesn't have any problems connecting to the program FYI. Fist off, the app...
  3. Your Phone app and phone calls

Your Phone app and phone calls: When I use the Your Phone app to make calls it sets up the call but it keeps reverting to 'use phone' in the drop down menu. So I still have to use the phone's microphone and speakers. Same if I receive a call. Can anyone help please?...
  4. Your Phone App "Calls" function can't recognize Bluetooth CSR 4.0

Your Phone App "Calls" function can't recognize Bluetooth CSR 4.0: I've installed a CSR 4.0 Bluetooth dongle on my Windows 10 version 1909, Build 18363.778 HP desktop PC. Device Manager reports "This device is working properly." However Your Phone App "Calls" function reports "Your PC needs Bluetooth for the calling feature to work." All of...
  5. Your Phone App forcing calls to phone

Your Phone App forcing calls to phone: When connected to Your Phone, all features work except the calls on PC. When I dial a phone number on the PC app, it forces the call to the phone and not through the PC. Any ideas?...
  6. Your Phone App Call Notifications

Your Phone App Call Notifications: Since the recent upgrade to the your phone app, every time someone calls me a notification pops up on my windows 10 screen and READS the calling number out. This happens even if windows 10 is in "focus mode," regardless of the time of day or night, regardless of if I am in a...
  7. How to set up and use calls in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up and use calls in Your Phone app: [ATTACH]If you have been using Windows for some time, we all have a common craving to make and receive calls from Windows computers. I remember […] This article How to set up and use calls in Your Phone app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Unable to complete call setting on 'Your Phone' app.

Unable to complete call setting on 'Your Phone' app.: I'm able to receive notifications on pc even photos are visible but when I tried to complete call setting then a message appears, "You have apps installed that prevent you from making calls." I even tried setting up a manual Bluetooth connection still getting the same...
  9. Your Phone app and calls

Your Phone app and calls: I have a Surface laptop 1st gen purchased Sep 2018, W10 Pro 1909, 18363.592 and a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. The my phone apps works fine except there is no "call" feature in the left hand menu. I thought the feature had been released. Thanks in advance....
  10. Your Phone App & Calls

Your Phone App & Calls: I cannot get phone call functionality on the Your Phone app. I am using a Dell XPS laptop and a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. The devices pair together fine via Bluetooth, but I get a message that other apps are preventing calls from working. I have tried all of the...