Windows 10: Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band

Discus and support Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know there are many question related to this, but I have serched a lot in all topics in Microsoft comunity or in reddit posts there were any working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RiccardoGobbo, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band

I know there are many question related to this, but I have serched a lot in all topics in Microsoft comunity or in reddit posts there were any working solutions or problem as mine some people had hardware incompatibility, not my case, etc.

Proof: I have bougth this pc in 2015 more or less and I always could connect or create an AP using the 5GHz band so I know my network adapter IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 can do this.

Problem: "Recently" many months I can't create a hotspot using the same band and the error "The band selected isn't available, chose another band and retry" is displayed. I have tryed to install old drivers maybe not the old drivers whose worked with? but it doesn't fix the problem.

I read about legal issue between Microsoft and Intel about this, also because in some countries 5GHz band isn't available, but not here!

So after tried some stuff prefered bands in driver manager, connect to a 5GHz wify and then create an AP, ..., I gave up.

Is there any solution? I think some command in cmd, powershell, modify some register key, anything to make this work because I extreamelly need of it mainly for university exams.

I hope I haven't make many mistakes.

Thanks for the answers, I'll wait anxiously them, R.

:)

RiccardoGobbo, Apr 18, 2021

2. Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band

Turning on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band fails with "The selected network band is not available. Select a different band and try again."

Home - Intel Community

is the support provided by intel. They've asked me to set the channel to 32. but I don't see a way to do it.

GowthamKudupudi, Apr 18, 2021
  3. 5Ghz band not there

The 2230 is a 2.4Ghz only networking adapter

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/centrino/centrino-wireless-n-2230-brief.html

Multi-Stream, Single Band 802.11b/g/n 2x2 and 2.4 GHz

Delivers up to 300 Mbps speed in the 2.4 GHz band with multiple streams for enhanced speed while improving coverage and reliability.

802.11n supports 2.4 and 5Ghz. Typically for chips that support the 5Ghz band you will see 802.11abgn or 802.11ac listed as there is no marking specifically for 5Ghz N support.

Tripp

Tripp Parks [MSFT], Apr 18, 2021
  4. Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band

Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band

Hi Gowtham

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your wireless adapter

Click Properties

Click the Advanced tab

In the Property list, choose Band

In the Value list box, select 5 GHz

Click OK

Also see the following solution by DroidBoye

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Andre for Directly, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band

1. Can't set win10 hotspot with 5GHz band - Similar Threads - Can't set win10

2. 5Ghz band not available when turning on a hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5Ghz band not available when turning on a hotspot: Hello, so i'm trying to share a hotspot for my phone from my laptop. When i use the 2,4Ghz it works, but when i try to go to 5Ghz it says this message on the screenshot. I tried a few things that i found on the internet but nothing fixed it. Just to be clear i can connect to...
  3. 5Ghz band not available when turning on a hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5Ghz band not available when turning on a hotspot: Hello, so i'm trying to share a hotspot for my phone from my laptop. When i use the 2,4Ghz it works, but when i try to go to 5Ghz it says this message on the screenshot. I tried a few things that i found on the internet but nothing fixed it. Just to be clear i can connect to...
  4. Devices can't connect to Windows 10 hotspot over 5Ghz band

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Devices can't connect to Windows 10 hotspot over 5Ghz band: I can't get any of my android or ios devices to connect to windows 10 hotspot over the 5Ghz band. It works fine with 2.4Ghz. Whenever I use 5G, the android phone says 'Obtaining IP address' and doesn't connect. If I use static IP on android, it will connect but show 'No...
  5. How to convert 5Ghz band to 2.4Ghz for mobile hotspot on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert 5Ghz band to 2.4Ghz for mobile hotspot on my laptop?: Exactly what the title said, the source for the internet is ethernet to USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-5ghz-band-to-24ghz-for-mobile/06d5dc6a-73a3-4a8e-a92d-3b146cd3710a
  6. How to convert 5Ghz band to 2.4Ghz for mobile hotspot on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert 5Ghz band to 2.4Ghz for mobile hotspot on my laptop?: Exactly what the title said, the source for the internet is ethernet to USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-convert-5ghz-band-to-24ghz-for-mobile/06d5dc6a-73a3-4a8e-a92d-3b146cd3710a
  7. Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band: Windows 10 Pro / 64Bit I have a router with 2.4 and 5.0 GHz capabilities. I have a 2007 HP laptop which is pre-5GHz capabilities (I think), can I upgrade it for a 5GHz? Any adapter or up-gradable card for both wired and wireless? I also have a Dell desktop from 2015. What...
  8. Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Upgrade For 5GHz Band: Windows 10 Pro / 64Bit I have a router with 2.4 and 5.0 GHz capabilities. I have a 2007 HP laptop which is pre-5GHz capabilities (I think), can I upgrade it for a 5GHz? Any adapter or up-gradable card for both wired and wireless? I also have a Dell desktop from 2015. What...
  9. Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band

Unable to turn on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band: Turning on mobile hotspot on 5GHz band fails with "The selected network band is not available. Select a different band and try again." https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006SCL7/5ghz-network-band-isnt-available-select-a-different-band-and-try-again is the support...
  10. Can't connect to 2.4ghz band, 5ghz keeps disconnecting

Can't connect to 2.4ghz band, 5ghz keeps disconnecting: As the title says, whenever I try to connect to the 2.4ghz band of my Wi-Fi, Windows gives me a "Can't connect to this network" message. Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue, as the 5ghz band is generally faster anyway, but even that has been spotty. When it works, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mobile hotspot network band