Windows 10: Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

Discus and support Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I right click a file and select Send To I get a dialog stating that no default mail client has been installed. I have set Mail as the default client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marter1369, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

If I right click a file and select Send To I get a dialog stating that no default mail client has been installed. I have set Mail as the default client in Settings/System/Default Apps but that has no effect. I've checked the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/CLIENTS/MAIL and the key Default remains unchanged with the value value not set. Am I missing something?

:)

Marter1369, Jan 7, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Default Mail Client

I had to Dban my desktop last week after a friend was on it while I was out of town. Now--when I use my main e-mail, and try to send a e-mail, I get this message --this can not be completed because the default mail client is not properly installed. Can anybody help or explain this to me ?? It's a new 1 on me !!

fsufan0025, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

Cannot set Windows Mail App as default email client

Hi Appu,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact issue you are facing to set the Mail app as default email client?

Refer to the following steps to set Mail app as default email client:

a) Click Start button.

b) Search for and open "Default Programs".

c) Click on "Set your default programs".

d) Select "Mail" from the list of programs.

e) Click "Set this program as default".

f) Click OK and check if the issue is resolved.

Run the
    Apps troubleshooter
    and check if this resolves the issues with the mail app.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

1. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client - Similar Threads - Can't set Mail

2. Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill...: I've been finding a number of postings for this problem, enough to make me feel the issue is more wide-spread than one might have thought.Client uses a management application to track billable time and to send invoices to clients. Often no, not always, when she tried to send...
  3. Either there is no default mail client

Either there is no default mail client: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client....
  4. Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the...: I been recently getting this error message randomly and I don't know what it means anybody can help with it? submitted by /u/AndyAcc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iunrjb/either_there_is_no_default_mail_client_or_the/
  5. Default mail client warning

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default mail client warning: I keep getting the warning below, although I have Outlook as the default mail client. How can I stop getting this warning. Thank you in advance for your help. [img] 153835
  6. Default Mail app will not set

Default Mail app will not set: I use Windows 10 Mail as my mail app. When I set Defaults, it was listed as the recommended choice. But when I open a folder and right click on a file to Sendto email, I get the message that there is no mail program associated. I rummaged in the Registry and found Hotmail...
  7. Outlook Default Mail Client

Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...
  8. How can I REALLY set Windows 10 Mail as my default mail client?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I REALLY set Windows 10 Mail as my default mail client?: In Windows 10 Settings I have set the Mail app as my default email client. [ATTACH] However certain applications regard Microsoft Outlook as my default client, such as Adobe Reader: [ATTACH] Also Windows (file) Explorer, Microsoft Office, or the Snipping Tool. How can I...
  9. Use mail app as default mail client

Use mail app as default mail client: Hi I would like to use the Windows 10 built in email client and make it available in the "send to" menu. Now i have read that this is not possible but i dont understand why it would be a selection for default e-mail...
  10. Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client

in Browsers and Email
    Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client: Clicking on an mailto link in Excel or Word no longer brings me to Firefox and gmail. I have Windows 10. My default browser is set to Firefox. Website hyperlinks in Excel or Word work fine, taking me to Firefox. Within Firefox the mailto is set to gmail and this works if I am...