Windows 10: Can't set windows restore or make changes to it.

Discus and support Can't set windows restore or make changes to it. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to turn on system restore for a few of my other drives but it fails (see screenshot) Then I noticed that my C drive has it turned on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Traijan, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Traijan Win User

Can't set windows restore or make changes to it.

Hi,
    I tried to turn on system restore for a few of my other drives but it fails (see screenshot)

Then I noticed that my C drive has it turned on but is only allotting something like 1.3GB to it so I wanted to raise that and again it fails and gives the same error as it does when trying to turn it on for one of my extra drives.

Any clues?

Can't set windows restore or make changes to it. [​IMG]

:)

Traijan, Aug 13, 2015

2. I can't uninstall programs or make changes to Windows 10

Thank you for the update. If your Windows 10 installation is demonstrating unusual behavior, usually, the last resort would be performing a clean install. However, it doesn’t necessarily have to be that way. Instead, you can perform a repair upgrade.

A repair upgrade is the process of installing Windows 10 over the existing installation of Windows 10 on your hard disk. Performing this will repair broken operating system files while preserving your apps, files, and settings.

You may refer to this
    forum article
    for more details on how you can perform a repair upgrade.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Aug 13, 2015
  3. I can't uninstall programs or make changes to Windows 10

I'm trying to uninstall programs on Windows 10 Home on a local user account. I used to be able to, plus make other changes, before the latest updates. Now the Yes button is missing from the User Accounts Control box when I'm asked if I will allow that app
    to make changes to my device. I never used to have to enter a user name and password to continue, I only had to click Yes. There is nowhere to type them anyway. The user name has always been the default admin and without a password. I setup a password but
    can't change the name of the account as there isn't a Yes button. I now can't make any changes to anything.

I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1703 64 bit. There are only 3 updates: KB4048954, KB4049011 and KB4022405.

Can anyone help?

Head scratch'n one, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Traijan Win User

Any clues on why this happens, I'd really kind of like to make the restore on the H drive and make it large enough that I don't have to worry about it. But I can't change the existing small space on C:\ (either larger or smaller, it produces the same error message shown in the screenshot above) nor can I create a new restore section on any other drive as the same error pops up.

Traijan, Aug 19, 2015
  5. CmmTch Win User
    I just looked at mine to see what I can do, I've posted a screen shot below showing my setup, when I highlight "D" and click "configure" it comes up with system protection disabled and shows the space used as 1.75MB. When I tried to turn on system restore for my D drive (backup) it gave me an error but it looked like I could've still turned on for that drive.

You shouldn't have to have a large space for system restore I think I have 5G, as it gets filled up the newer ones push the oldest restore points out.

You might try disabling system protection for all drives, then start out enabling system restore on the drive you want and see if that works out. I could be wrong, but I thought the "system restore" restore points for a particular drive needed to be on that drive.

Can't set windows restore or make changes to it. [​IMG]

CmmTch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't set windows restore or make changes to it. - Similar Threads - Can't set restore

2. I can't make a restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't make a restore point: I'm trying to make a restore point and keep getting this error. Also, I got a similar error when I tried to make a system image. Any insiht would be appreciated greatly. Also I'm running windows 11 23H2....
  3. I can't make a restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't make a restore point: I'm trying to make a restore point and keep getting this error. Also, I got a similar error when I tried to make a system image. Any insiht would be appreciated greatly. Also I'm running windows 11 23H2....
  4. Windows Security can't change settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security can't change settings.: Why can't i turn my real-time protection on and other settings in windows security? You cannot click on it at all to turn it on or off. Last time i can't open Windows Security at all so I factory Reseted my laptop then it became like this. I tried to reset Windows Security...
  5. Windows Security can't change settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security can't change settings.: Why can't i turn my real-time protection on and other settings in windows security? You cannot click on it at all to turn it on or off. Last time i can't open Windows Security at all so I factory Reseted my laptop then it became like this. I tried to reset Windows Security...
  6. Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator

Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator: I am logged in on my Administrator account on Windows 10, however if I click the ''Run as an Administrator'' option on any program such as Steam.exe I get the error '' Windows Cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  7. Windows 10 can't make changes on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 can't make changes on Windows 7: We have 3 computers on a small work network. Because of software issues we have been dragging our feet moving to 10 but were in the process and had purchased hardware, fortunately. One took a dirt nap the other night and we got new built and up and running with 10 Pro. Once...
  8. Can't restore factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't restore factory settings: After I got a new pc it got a bit buggy. I can't install certain apps and troubleshooting doesn't work. I tried to restore pc to factory settings since I already have quite a few apps installed, but it's not working. I tried many different things I found on internet, but...
  9. Hacked and can't restore factory settings

Hacked and can't restore factory settings: Help! Last night my runescape account got hacked and I'm afraid some virus was left on my laptop. I can't seem to reset te settings even tho I followed a lot of guides... Can someone pls help me I'm kinda desperate! Nothing works! When I try to reset it says some program is...
  10. Can't restore because change of hardware

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't restore because change of hardware: Dear community I have came to a dead end so that is why I'm approaching you. My Windows 10 begun to behave strange, no store apps are installed, Cortana is messing up with my search box (I need to close the process so I can use the search and windows menu functions at the...