Windows 10: can't setup a pin because it requires a pin

Discus and support can't setup a pin because it requires a pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was trying to login to skype when it asked me for a pin.I hadn't set up a pin, so I clicked "I forgot my pin" which directed me towards the settings,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kaj Piotrowicz, May 24, 2022.

1. can't setup a pin because it requires a pin

I was trying to login to skype when it asked me for a pin.I hadn't set up a pin, so I clicked "I forgot my pin" which directed me towards the settings, so I went to the settings to set up a pin.Then it asked me to enter my pin to set up a pin.Whenever I clicked "I forgot my pin" while trying to set up a pin, it would just tell me to do the same thing.I'm stuck in an endless loop of trying to set up a pin while needing to provide a pin to set on up.What the hell am I supposed to do? I'm effectively locked out of my local computer account because of this.

:)

Kaj Piotrowicz, May 24, 2022
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 24, 2022
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Can't Setup PIN in windows 10

Hi, Curtis.

Setting up a PIN is one of the options to increase the security level for your device. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Yashwanth Kotakuri on this
    thread to know more on how to setup a new PIN.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, May 24, 2022
  4. can't setup a pin because it requires a pin

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

I performed clean boot as suggested and it did not make any difference.

The PIN setup windows opened like before with no boxes to enter PIN.

Please suggest.

RajatPal7626, May 24, 2022
Thema:

can't setup a pin because it requires a pin

1. can't setup a pin because it requires a pin - Similar Threads - can't setup pin

2. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?: [ Had to recreate my question as I had not replied to the response in time ]Hi,I recently performed a clean reset of my Windows 10 installation. I am now facing an annoyance where on login it asks for my account PIN rather than a password.However I do not have a PIN setup on...
  3. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?: [ Had to recreate my question as I had not replied to the response in time ]Hi,I recently performed a clean reset of my Windows 10 installation. I am now facing an annoyance where on login it asks for my account PIN rather than a password.However I do not have a PIN setup on...
  4. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?: Hi,I recently performed a clean reset of my Windows 10 installation. I am now facing an annoyance where on login it asks for my account PIN rather than a password. However I do not have a PIN setup on my account.When I go to Settings -> Sign-in options -> Windows Hello PIN, I...
  6. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?: Hi,I recently performed a clean reset of my Windows 10 installation. I am now facing an annoyance where on login it asks for my account PIN rather than a password. However I do not have a PIN setup on my account.When I go to Settings -> Sign-in options -> Windows Hello PIN, I...
  7. Unable to add PIN from account... because it requires my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. can't setup a pin because it requires a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't setup a pin because it requires a pin: I was trying to login to skype when it asked me for a pin.I hadn't set up a pin, so I clicked "I forgot my pin" which directed me towards the settings, so I went to the settings to set up a pin.Then it asked me to enter my pin to set up a pin.Whenever I clicked "I forgot my...
  9. can't setup a pin because it requires a pin

can't setup a pin because it requires a pin: I was trying to login to skype when it asked me for a pin.I hadn't set up a pin, so I clicked "I forgot my pin" which directed me towards the settings, so I went to the settings to set up a pin.Then it asked me to enter my pin to set up a pin.Whenever I clicked "I forgot my...
  10. PIN Requirements

PIN Requirements: A month after updating to Windows 11, I got a notification stating that my organization requires I change my Pin code. This is a personal computer and no organization is involved. I don't want to have to change the Pin every month, but can't find where to change this...