Windows 10: Can't Setup Pin when click Add button

Discus and support Can't Setup Pin when click Add button in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I always getting "you'll need the internet for This" error when click the Add button to add a Pin to my Windows 10 Pro. I am sure the internet access... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brian312_TY, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Can't Setup Pin when click Add button

Brian312_TY, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Can't Setup Pin when click Add button

Win 10 PIN Login problem. PIN cant unlock my PC if there is no internet

Hi Pranjal,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

Are you able to login to computer using Pin when you connect computer to Internet?

I suggest you to change the PIN on your computer and check if that helps.

Follow these steps to setup a PIN

• Press the Windows+S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.
    • Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.
    • Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.
    If you want to change the PIN please follow these steps.

• You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:
    • Press the Windows+S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.
    • Enter your Windows password, then click the Ok button.
    • Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Click the Finish button.

In case of any further queries please contact us, we are glad to assist you.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Sudharshan M K, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't Setup Pin when click Add button

1. Can't Setup Pin when click Add button - Similar Threads - Can't Setup Pin

2. Ok button missing for PIN setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ok button missing for PIN setup: Hi all,I am having a problem trying to set up a PIN for my laptop running Windows 10. Each time I go to set up fingerprint and PIN the fingerprint is accepted then goes on to PIN setup but the OK button is missing see screen grab. Any hints on how to fix this would be much...
  3. Ok button missing for PIN setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ok button missing for PIN setup: Hi all,I am having a problem trying to set up a PIN for my laptop running Windows 10. Each time I go to set up fingerprint and PIN the fingerprint is accepted then goes on to PIN setup but the OK button is missing see screen grab. Any hints on how to fix this would be much...
  4. Ok button missing for PIN setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can't setup a pin because it requires a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't setup a pin because it requires a pin: I was trying to login to skype when it asked me for a pin.I hadn't set up a pin, so I clicked "I forgot my pin" which directed me towards the settings, so I went to the settings to set up a pin.Then it asked me to enter my pin to set up a pin.Whenever I clicked "I forgot my...
  6. can't setup a pin because it requires a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't setup a pin because it requires a pin: I was trying to login to skype when it asked me for a pin.I hadn't set up a pin, so I clicked "I forgot my pin" which directed me towards the settings, so I went to the settings to set up a pin.Then it asked me to enter my pin to set up a pin.Whenever I clicked "I forgot my...
  7. can't setup a pin because it requires a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Can't add PIN

Can't add PIN: I'm unable to add PIN in the account settings. Click the OK button does nothing . I've tried as many way as I could find but still can't fix it. If anyone know how, please help me. [ATTACH] Edit: Things I've tried: Delete files in Ngc folder Reset ACLs on Ngc folder...
  9. Add button disabled on pin option

Add button disabled on pin option: The Add button on the sign in option for the pin is disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-button-disabled-on-pin-option/85fdb8ca-a8e4-4da8-8690-dbf8e60fe25a
  10. Can't click buttons in opened window/ when I click I'm clicking desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click buttons in opened window/ when I click I'm clicking desktop.: So, any software I have opened on the left screen- it does this. When I click anything that is down, affects 30% of the screen, I click on the desktop, even though the window is full screen....