Windows 10: Can't setup the Find My Device feature because it says I need updates, but I'm fully...

Discus and support Can't setup the Find My Device feature because it says I need updates, but I'm fully... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just done a clean install + all updates of Windows on my Surface Book. When I try to setup Find My Device through my Microsoft account, I'm... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Drew Angell, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Can't setup the Find My Device feature because it says I need updates, but I'm fully...

I have just done a clean install + all updates of Windows on my Surface Book.

When I try to setup Find My Device through my Microsoft account, I'm getting this message: https://snag.gy/7CiWA9.jpg

However, when I go to Windows Updates it's showing me that I'm fully updated, no updates available.

It says to "sign in with an admin Microsoft account" but this is the only MS account I have. Same one I've always used, and this was just fine prior to my clean install.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Drew Angell, Apr 21, 2019

2. Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Cannot install Cortana Device Setup - Need Workaround

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you getting any error message?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 you are using? You can refer this article to

Check for operating system information in Windows 10.

3. When you say does not find my device,
      which device are you using?

Please help us with the screenshot of the page in the application, where it says
    runs a an Surface Headphones app. Follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

Try to uninstalling and reinstalling the Cortana Device Setup app and check if you're able to complete the setup. Invoke Works with select music services, paid subscriptions may be required. I suggest you to try reset Invoke, follow
    the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Attach Power Cable
    2. Press and Hold the Mic Mute Button until Cortana Says, “Ready for setup.”

Note: the Invoke will not function until properly set up and linked to a Microsoft account.

I suggest you to follow this article on
    Set up my Harman Kardon Invoke with Cortana

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    Introducing Harman Kardon INVOKE with Cortana by Microsoft
    , where you can see the partners who support controlling invoke.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Anna Bon Win User

Can't setup the Find My Device feature because it says I need updates, but I'm fully...

Device Performance & Health feature

This can be an issue with the old driver, update or hardware. However, for us to fully identify what is causing the issue, we may need to perform some troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Use System File Checker to check for system file corruption.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start 
      button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc/scannow(note the space between "sfc" and "/").
    Step 2: Perform a clean boot. It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers
    and start up programs. It will also eliminate software conflicts that could occur when you install a program, or an update, or when you run a program in Windows.

Once done, check if your Device Performance & Health will work and generate a report.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Can't setup the Find My Device feature because it says I need updates, but I'm fully...

1. Can't setup the Find My Device feature because it says I need updates, but I'm fully... - Similar Threads - Can't setup Find

2. Find My Device Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find My Device Feature: Q1. If Find my device Featire is of on window 11 can still the Laptop be Traced?Q2. How can I Install fresh window, but in case I want to revert back to original window given by the manufacturer free at the time of Purchase How can I use that window? Is there wat because when...
  3. Find My Device Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find My Device Feature: Q1. If Find my device Featire is of on window 11 can still the Laptop be Traced?Q2. How can I Install fresh window, but in case I want to revert back to original window given by the manufacturer free at the time of Purchase How can I use that window? Is there wat because when...
  4. Windows Find my Device Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Find my Device Feature: If trying to locate a device, and said device's battery is dead, does the location service not work? My laptop is missing and it says it is unable to locate the device....
  5. Windows Find my Device Feature

Windows Find my Device Feature: If trying to locate a device, and said device's battery is dead, does the location service not work? My laptop is missing and it says it is unable to locate the device....
  6. Windows Find my Device Feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Issue with Find my Device Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Find my Device Feature: Hi GuysMy laptop was stolen early in the morning of 22 April 2022. I've logged in as administrator and managed to locate the device last update on 22 April 2022. However, i cannot lock it anymore because i believe the device has not connected online. I've tried this option...
  8. Issue with Find my Device Feature

Issue with Find my Device Feature: Hi GuysMy laptop was stolen early in the morning of 22 April 2022. I've logged in as administrator and managed to locate the device last update on 22 April 2022. However, i cannot lock it anymore because i believe the device has not connected online. I've tried this option...
  9. Windows Update says I'm fully up to date, while I'm clearly not

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update says I'm fully up to date, while I'm clearly not: Hey there. I've been in the Release Preview ring of the Windows Insider Program since July of this year. The last build I've got is version 2004 build 20170.1000. Since then, I only got minor updates, if at all. I tried all steps from here official Microsoft guide, without...
  10. can't install because it says I need a school or work account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can't install because it says I need a school or work account: Hello, I recently had to send my computer to get repaired, I wiped it clean as suggested by the manufacture, I backed it up and everything. I had previously been using windows terminal preview as my terminal. I got it back and went to install it, it is not letting me saying...