Windows 10: Can't setup VPN on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Can't setup VPN on Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We're having a problem setting up one of our computers with a PPTP client. I have set it up on my laptop and it is working fine, so please don't send... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RDK2, Feb 8, 2019.

1. RDK2 Win User

Can't setup VPN on Windows 10 Pro

We're having a problem setting up one of our computers with a PPTP client. I have set it up on my laptop and it is working fine, so please don't send me a link on how to set up a VPN.

OK, so "settings", "Network & Internet", from the left panel "VPN", "add a VPN" and one gets the VPN setup menu. When I do it on my laptop, I select the VPN Provider "Window built-in" which is the only option. In the next place I enter a name for the connection ie "VPN to work", although we have tried several others. Now in the next place I enter the IP address of the VPN server. At this point the remaining data entry locations are open and the VPN type allows me to select PPTP, enter a username and then password. All is fine!!

On the other computer I proceeded as above but the VPN Provider selection area does not seem to hold the "Windows built-in" selection and then after entering the name and IP address, the rest of the entry areas (VPN Type, Username and Password) are greyed out/locked, ie no data can be entered.

Both computers are Windows 10 Pro, fully updated.

What is the issue and how do we get it fixed?

Thanks....RDK

:)

RDK2, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 8, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Can't setup VPN on Windows 10 Pro :D

P4-630, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Can't setup VPN on Windows 10 Pro

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Can't setup VPN on Windows 10 Pro

1. Can't setup VPN on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Can't setup VPN

2. HW Change, can't setup new Pin autoconnect VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HW Change, can't setup new Pin autoconnect VPN: I replaced some hardware, and it attempts to start the process of logging in with PW but it fails I believe because I have VPN set to auto connect.What steps do I need to take to get logged in?Windows 11...
  3. HW Change, can't setup new Pin autoconnect VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HW Change, can't setup new Pin autoconnect VPN: I replaced some hardware, and it attempts to start the process of logging in with PW but it fails I believe because I have VPN set to auto connect.What steps do I need to take to get logged in?Windows 11...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization": Windows setup seems to be forcing me to setup for an organization and I am concern this PC has some configuration or controls applied by the previous owner, which I want to eliminate and have a fresh install. Anyone knows of this issue and how to solve it? More details below....
  5. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization": Windows setup seems to be forcing me to setup for an organization and I am concern this PC has some configuration or controls applied by the previous owner, which I want to eliminate and have a fresh install. Anyone knows of this issue and how to solve it? More details below....
  6. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. VPN Server on Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VPN Server on Windows 10 pro: Hello, Would like to know to process to set up and configure VPN server on Windows 10 pro system. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-server-on-windows-10-pro/7e75c220-e5cc-4d23-80a5-198e956e891a
  8. PPTP VPN setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...
  9. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...
  10. Can't setup new VPN connection for outside RDP access.

Can't setup new VPN connection for outside RDP access.: Hello everyone, I'm trying to setup multiple PC's on my home network so that I can access them from the Internet while I'm away from home. I've read the most secure way for me to do this is by setting up a VPN connection through Windows, rather than opening ports on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant setup VPN

2. windows 10 unable to add VPN type greyed out