Windows 10: Can't setup wifi printer from laptop or ping printer IP

Discus and support Can't setup wifi printer from laptop or ping printer IP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New wifi printer which has connected and prints fine from my Win10 destop PC. However my Win10 laptop cannot see the new printer on the network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wazza77, Jun 12, 2020.

1. wazza77 Win User

Can't setup wifi printer from laptop or ping printer IP

New wifi printer which has connected and prints fine from my Win10 destop PC.

However my Win10 laptop cannot see the new printer on the network.

Laptop is connected to the same wifi network as printer, and all on the correct subnet and DNS.

The laptop fails to ping the printer, so no wonder the Win10 printer setup cannot see it.

However the laptop can successfully ping the desktop PC that can connect to the printer, AND it can connect to another printer hardwire on the network.

Desktop PC can successfully ping both the laptop and both printers.

So it's only the laptop that can't see the printer ON THE SAME NETWORK!

The printer and file sharing is enabled on the laptop.

No IP address conflicts.

No funny firewall settings - all default, and using Win10 defender so no third-party.

I have no idea why the laptop cannot see the new printer IP address.

Please help!

:)

wazza77, Jun 12, 2020

2. Canon printer wifi trouble

Set a static IP on the printer else each time it switches off and on may get different ip which may not function correctly
    Try
    Delete the Printer after setting static ip

Devices and printer
    >add printer
    >>Add local printer (not network even though on wifi)
    >>>Create new port - click standard Tcp/Ip
    >>>>enter ip address of printer that set before and any port name
    Select the printer driver from list

Try a test print to see if working then switch off and on and see if come back online

*66725-afb6e8cc8e67e4bb805a02c99165c983.jpg*

*66726-229a91b0c79f6b4bc0c7c78a49560e3f.jpg*
    *66727-318c2547253e90800c3d464fca382dbe.jpg*

If still stays offline ,Open printer in Devices and printer
    Click printer
    untick use offline
    turn printer off and On
    *66728-2b757782bdfeb90ce43b66b06f017701.jpg*

See if comes back online

Network Printer can either be set by Ip address or Printer network name
    Static ip always the best to set

SnakeDoctor, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Unable to find printer IP Address

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Here are the few settings that you can try to find the IP address of the printer that are connected on the same network.

Method 1:

1. Search for CMD on the start menu, right click on CMD and run it as administrator.
    2. Type in arp –a on the command prompt and hit enter.
    3. You will find list of all the IP connected to the system.
    4. Look for the dynamic IP address.
    5. Copy and paste the IP on your browser, and the IP that opens your Printer setup page will be the IP for the printer.

Method 2:

1. You can try to ping the printer name, by typing
      ping <printer name> on the command prompt that will give you the printer IP address.
    2. You can also refer to this
      suggestion
      posted by BulldogXX on January 13.
    3. Check for the Canon IJ Network Tool from the post above, as you have mention you are using Canon printer.

You can type in ipconfig and find your Ethernet adapter IP address, if the printers are on wired network, and if the printer IP address has the same network address as your Ethernet network address then the printer
    is in wired network, and same goes for the Wireless network.

You can also compare the SSID of the WIFI and the SSID of the printer, if the SSID matched then the printer is on WIFI network, same goes for the Ethernet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Can't setup wifi printer from laptop or ping printer IP

Canon printer wifi trouble

Hey,

I installed my canon pixma mg3210 with the newest driver and I choose wifi connection.

Eveyrthing works fine until I turn off the printer then my laptop doesn't detect the printer anymore.
    Basically, the printer is offline.

DarkWhisper, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't setup wifi printer from laptop or ping printer IP

1. Can't setup wifi printer from laptop or ping printer IP - Similar Threads - Can't setup wifi

2. Printer IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer IP address: Hp printer ip address changed suddenly. How to reset it to my laptop ip address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ip-address/e0c4af31-bee2-4b80-8979-44d88eaeb60a
  3. Printer IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer IP address: Hp printer ip address changed suddenly. How to reset it to my laptop ip address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ip-address/e0c4af31-bee2-4b80-8979-44d88eaeb60a
  4. Cannot IP to printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot IP to printer: I have just installed a new printer on my network which I can see from my iPad and IP to it. My PC will not IP to the printer and does not find the IP address. Not surprisingly I cannot install the printer on the PC since the printer setup does not find it. I assume there...
  5. Cannot IP to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot IP to printer: I have just installed a new printer on my network which I can see from my iPad and IP to it. My PC will not IP to the printer and does not find the IP address. Not surprisingly I cannot install the printer on the PC since the printer setup does not find it. I assume there...
  6. Cannot IP to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Printer setup

Printer setup: Cannot setup my printer now that I am using windows 10 ARM on my apple with an m1 chip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-setup/33cc1857-f993-423a-b848-20dc6f4968b2
  8. printer ip address

printer ip address: iv gone to the control , did right click still nothing. think maybe I should update my windows. would that help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ip-address/fa33bdee-8ee0-4b97-afed-2526ea67571f
  9. Printer Setup

Printer Setup: Need assistance setting up Brother printer to work with Windows 10 on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-setup/8443c6a6-79ca-4eae-9b78-db8acf9f7760
  10. printers setup

printers setup: i'm not install my hp lejer jet 1020 plus printer setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printers-setup/43c01617-d703-48de-90a9-9867ade25b9c