Windows 10: Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account

Discus and support Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I setup a family account for my 7 year old. He already had a local account on my windows 10 laptop but I am trying to activate the family account to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by OrpheuLX, May 22, 2020.

1. OrpheuLX Win User

Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account

I setup a family account for my 7 year old.

He already had a local account on my windows 10 laptop but I am trying to activate the family account to have parental control.

I have given access to his family account and I can login using his password but whenever I try to setup the PIN i get an error.

I have no problem setting up PINs on other family accounts adults or local accounts just on the kids account.

Already tried everything I could find on the forums...

Anyone has any idea what the problem might be?

Kind regards.

David

:)

OrpheuLX, May 22, 2020
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 22, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, May 22, 2020
  4. Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

I performed clean boot as suggested and it did not make any difference.

The PIN setup windows opened like before with no boxes to enter PIN.

Please suggest.

RajatPal7626, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account

1. Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account - Similar Threads - Can't setup Hello

2. Setup family account for my kids

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Setup family account for my kids: I set up my daughter Jade Mercer under the family Microsoft account her email address is Jadeelisemercer.gmail.com however when we try to sign in it says that ithe email does not exist. What has happened here as it's definitely been registered. And confirm email sent. Please...
  3. Can't use Windows Hello & Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't use Windows Hello & Pin: I always use windows hello but all of a sudden it only lets me use a pin with the message"Your Pin is required to sign in". I can't even select windows hello. Tried to click "i forgot my pin" but my surface go didn't respond, and now i can't log in at all. Restarted...
  4. can't setup "PIN" to login to windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't setup "PIN" to login to windows: [ATTACH] this is a weird problem. i logged into my college email using the Mail app in windows 10. after that i got a message that tells me that i need to setup a new PIN to login to windows (my old PIN was 4 digits) and the new Required one should be more than 6 digits....
  5. I can't setup windows hello face

I can't setup windows hello face: I can't set up my windows hello face recognition. It says 'we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face'. My Microsoft camera is working perfectly. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3443 laptop. My system SKU is 0654. Will my laptop really won't support windows...
  6. Change Windows Hello Pin for 2nd account.

Change Windows Hello Pin for 2nd account.: Hey, I have an old Microsoft account I'm posting this question on said account that I am trying to sign into through the xbox app but forgot the pin for it. I am signed into the account on my pc, as it is listed under accounts in the settings, however it is not the...
  7. Can't remove Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove Windows Hello PIN: I want to remove Windows Hello PIN because I don't need it anymore, but why I can't remove it? Here's the screenshot [ATTACH] Thanks for helping! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-windows-hello-pin/6f3f1faf-5db9-41c4-bd13-43d852169b2c
  8. Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin: I have been trying to set up Hello for my grand daughter on my system. I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 3000 series. I added her account on my system, and I can log into her account with her pin, but when I try to set up Hello, it says the pin is wrong. The Hello option keeps...
  9. Windows Hello Setup Pin not working

Windows Hello Setup Pin not working: Me and my... friend are logging into Microsoft store with secondary accounts on each other's desktop computers. We both have pins to sign in. It prompts us to enter our passwords which we do correctly. It then says "Set up your account with Windows Hello". To continue, we...
  10. Can't setup windows hello

Can't setup windows hello: My laptop has a fingerprint scanner and i was using it to sign in my local account. I accidentally removed my fingerprint and now when i press on set up a small grey window of windows hello pops up for for few seconds and closes on its own. I know my hardware is working...