Windows 10: Can't "share" a file from File Explorer to Outlook. Opens in "Mail" which doesn't have all...

Discus and support Can't "share" a file from File Explorer to Outlook. Opens in "Mail" which doesn't have all... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Used to be, I could click on a file in Windows Explorer and right click, go to SHARE and then click OUTLOOK to enter the recipient from my address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by R T Maguire, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Can't "share" a file from File Explorer to Outlook. Opens in "Mail" which doesn't have all...

Used to be, I could click on a file in Windows Explorer and right click, go to SHARE and then click OUTLOOK to enter the recipient from my address book.

Now that icon is gone, I go to "Mail" which isn't set up apparently, and even after I set it up, it's not Outlook, which is where all my contact address are, and it starts downloading incoming mail instead of letting outlook do it.

WTH???? Did Microsoft suddenly decide it doesn't want users to make use of Outlook?

When I go to ADD Outlook as an app, you want money for it and a subscription to Office 365 which I don't use, don't want to use, never plan on using.

How do I get outlook back as a program to use when sharing a file from Windows Explorer?

:)

R T Maguire, Dec 19, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Can't "share" a file from File Explorer to Outlook.  Opens in "Mail" which doesn't have all... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 19, 2020
  3. MikkoSL Win User
    Office files doesn´t open after Win10 update

After Win10 update, some of office files won´t open.
    Some .docx and .pptx files especially.

Any hints on this issue?

MikkoSL, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Can't "share" a file from File Explorer to Outlook. Opens in "Mail" which doesn't have all...

Can´t open files from a certain folder

Hello internet, I have gotten a problem lately:

I copied all camera photos/videos from my phone(a Samsung Galaxy A70) as it were going for reparation.

Now i can´t open any of those photos or videos from the computer(Running Windows 10).

The app says that it doesn´t support the format of the file.(JPEG, MP4 and PNG in this case)

I have tried open it with various apps including the old Photo Gallery, Paint, the new Photo Gallery for windows 10(called "Photos" right?), even Microsoft Word... There are no specific error code, the app is only saying that it doesn´t support the format...

I also have tried to move the files to other folders and open them, which doesn´t work either.

I still can open other files with those formats in other folders.

What should I do??

eliiassons, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Can't "share" a file from File Explorer to Outlook. Opens in "Mail" which doesn't have all...

1. Can't "share" a file from File Explorer to Outlook. Opens in "Mail" which doesn't have all... - Similar Threads - Can't share file

2. File Explorer Not Opening At All!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Opening At All!: I have a HP victus with 32GB of ram and 1tb Nmve. I don't what happened the File Explorer Not Opening At All! Its Windows 11. Since I'm using Win 11 i am facing this issue I have tried all the methods. cmd, clearing, and reseting. but it's not working.I have ton of work to do...
  3. File Explorer Not Opening At All!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Not Opening At All!: I have a HP victus with 32GB of ram and 1tb Nmve. I don't what happened the File Explorer Not Opening At All! Its Windows 11. Since I'm using Win 11 i am facing this issue I have tried all the methods. cmd, clearing, and reseting. but it's not working.I have ton of work to do...
  4. File Explorer doesn't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer doesn't open: So well... My brother was using my pc and when he returned to me I was not able to open file explorer, well I was but I got an error inserted belowAnd yes, I get this error when I open File Explorer from the "Taskbar". Now yes, I can open any folder on the desktop and it...
  5. File Explorer doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer doesn't open: So well... My brother was using my pc and when he returned to me I was not able to open file explorer, well I was but I got an error inserted belowAnd yes, I get this error when I open File Explorer from the "Taskbar". Now yes, I can open any folder on the desktop and it...
  6. File Explorer doesn't open

7. File explorer opens an empty window which doesn't load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer opens an empty window which doesn't load: Any way I try to open or use the file explorer, it opens this empty window:The grey bits are from rescaling it. The window doesn't close when I click the x at the top. Mouse shows the loading symbol when hovering on top.THE ISSUE: I don't know what this specific issue is...
  8. Can't open pictures from file explorer on Desktop - "We can't open this file"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open pictures from file explorer on Desktop - "We can't open this file": [ATTACH] Hi, I've had this issue for a few months now which I think happened from a certain Windows 10 update but every time I try to open a picture on my desktop using file explorer I get this error:...
  9. File explorer not opening at all

File explorer not opening at all: Hello microsoft pls help me i can not open file explorer at all from any way possible i have tried ur tricks but still nothing i cannot access it when i click on it nothing happens and i cant even click on it from the search box or start menu because it does not open and when...
  10. Outlook files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook files in File Explorer: i recently had to restore my hard rive and operating system. i reinstalled Microsoft Office 365 to my computer and for some reason I can't get File Explorer to recognize Outlook. It will not let me use Outlook to retrieve any email message I stored from Outlook....