Windows 10: Can't share cellular Internet over WiFi

Discus and support Can't share cellular Internet over WiFi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Thinkpad T450s with Sierra wireless with "unlimited bandwidth" contract, but sharing over WiFi doesn't let Internet connection. How the can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arima0k, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Can't share cellular Internet over WiFi

I have a Thinkpad T450s with Sierra wireless with "unlimited bandwidth" contract, but sharing over WiFi doesn't let Internet connection. How the can I mask the shared WiFi that makes the celular believe that only the laptop is connected?

submitted by /u/arima0k
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/arima0k, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Joe Men Win User

Nokia Lumia, internet sharing.

Hello
    Jonathan

Certain features may not be available even after upgrading your device due to hardware limitations, region, mobile operator and so on. You can try to resolve the issue by doing the following:

• Enable Data connection by going to Settings > Mobile network/Cellular > Data connection > On.
    • Disable the WiFi connection by going to Settings > WiFi > Off.
    • Restart your phone.
    • Activate Internet Sharing by going to Settings > Internet sharing > On.

Let us know what happens after doing the said troubleshooting steps.

Joe Men, Aug 29, 2020
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Can't share cellular Internet over WiFi

Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't share cellular Internet over WiFi

1. Can't share cellular Internet over WiFi - Similar Threads - Can't share cellular

2. wifi or cellular networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi or cellular networks: For some reason I cannot see any Wi-Fi or cellular networks, the options do not appear in settings either. I am using a HP laptop and my windows is up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-or-cellular-networks/8cc662d5-f60f-4b97-b816-0db7e7329fcb
  3. wifi or cellular networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi or cellular networks: For some reason I cannot see any Wi-Fi or cellular networks, the options do not appear in settings either. I am using a HP laptop and my windows is up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-or-cellular-networks/8cc662d5-f60f-4b97-b816-0db7e7329fcb
  4. wifi or cellular networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet Connection Sharing Busted Over The Weekend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Sharing Busted Over The Weekend: Hey there, everyone. Been using the gaming rig I built to share the internet connection from my landlord's router to my own router to run my own network to power my devices Smart TV, Smart Plugs, etc.. Been working like a charm up until the last week, where now the internet...
  6. Cellular Internet for laptop

Cellular Internet for laptop: I am a truck driver who cant have internet through "conventional" means like cable or satalite. I currently have a hotspot through sprint, but it is only 100GB which is not enough to support my gaming and downloading habits. Dont ask how but I already maxed out my limit in...
  7. WiFi sharing without internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi sharing without internet: Ok, so I'm having some weird issues that I believe I posted about in the past. Currently, my desktop will routinely connect to the internet while reporting "no internet" in the settings. This would not be an issue, however my phone, for whatever reason, gets an extremely weak...
  8. Shared files over wifi

Shared files over wifi: Have 2 pcs running Windows 10 pro. The once with router & LAN cable can see shared files on the other but the one which uses wifi can't see shared files on the other, although it can connect to the internet. Help!...
  9. Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.

Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.: Hello, I have some laptops and computers in my office. Suddenly out of the blue today, network sharing has stopped working on WiFi devices but is working fine on wired devices. Why is this happening? I didn't change any setting. I tried restarting the router and laptops...
  10. Sharing over WiFi

Sharing over WiFi: At present working with one machine connected to router wired and one over WiFi. With ver 1803 and both Function Discovery services set to Auto Start Delayed getting to wired works like a charm. The wired machine can see the WiFi shared drive but, get access denied. Is there...