Windows 10: Can't share files on desktop pc with laptop

Discus and support Can't share files on desktop pc with laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to enable sharing of files located on my win10 (version 1903 OS build 18362.418) desktop pc with my win7 laptop. Instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chermesh, Oct 30, 2019.

1. chermesh Win User

Can't share files on desktop pc with laptop

Hi,
    I'm trying to enable sharing of files located on my win10 (version 1903 OS build 18362.418) desktop pc with my win7 laptop.
    Instructions https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...over-a-network are:

1. Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people
    2. Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.

The person I'm interested in providing sharing privileges has a name on my laptop, but i not recognized by my desktop.

How do I make him visible?
    Or, else, how do I enable sharing under these circumstances?

:)

chermesh, Oct 30, 2019
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Oct 30, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Sharkman Win User

Network a wndows 7 desktop with a windows 10 laptop

New to this stuff... Can someone detail what has to be done to each PC step by step so that I can share files, printer etc between the systems? The desktop has a wired connection to the router and the laptop is using wifi. Desktop is windows 7 home.

thanks

Sharkman, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't share files on desktop pc with laptop - Similar Threads - Can't share files

2. Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop: HELP! I am trying to share a drive containing folders and files on our desktop to a laptop. I have setup the drive, folder, and files to be shared; I have not required a password; etc. Yet, I either get errors saying 1 I need credentials yet without telling me EXACTLY what...
  3. Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing a drive on a desktop with a laptop: HELP! I am trying to share a drive containing folders and files on our desktop to a laptop. I have setup the drive, folder, and files to be shared; I have not required a password; etc. Yet, I either get errors saying 1 I need credentials yet without telling me EXACTLY what...
  4. sharing files between laptop and desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing files between laptop and desktop: I have a desktop and a laptop that share files. How can I delete unnecessary files from my laptop without deleting them from my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files-between-laptop-and-desktop/51fb77ca-e65d-41bf-94a7-90e3f03e2e3c
  5. sharing files between laptop and desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing files between laptop and desktop: I have a desktop and a laptop that share files. How can I delete unnecessary files from my laptop without deleting them from my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-files-between-laptop-and-desktop/51fb77ca-e65d-41bf-94a7-90e3f03e2e3c
  6. sharing files between laptop and desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop

New Desktop is sharing with my laptop and laptop sharing with desktop: Everything from Steam games, homework assignments, and pictures are being shared between my two computers. I'm a full time student and I just purchased a PC for gaming. I've had my laptop for a couple years now and since getting my gaming PC, everything on my laptop including...
  8. Can't share files on desktop pc with laptop

Can't share files on desktop pc with laptop: Hi, I'm trying to enable sharing of files located on my win10 (version 1903 OS build 18362.418) desktop pc with my win7 laptop. Instructions https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...over-a-network are: 1. Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people 2....
  9. Can't access the shared files from my desktop?

Can't access the shared files from my desktop?: Why does my laptop say that I don't have permission to access the shared files from my desktop? It worked last week. It has worked for two decades but every once in a while it decides arbitrarily to pretend that the settings are wrong. But, since no settings are actually...
  10. Share files beween my PC and laptop

Share files beween my PC and laptop: When Homegroup was available it worked marginally well, but now it is apparently gone and so is my ability to share files. Is OneDrive the only way to share files between my PC and laptop? Is there another way to do it that is not complicated?...