Windows 10: cant share from a windows 8 machine to a windows 10 machine

Discus and support cant share from a windows 8 machine to a windows 10 machine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had to transfer my server at home which is only used to store media files and other required stuff to back it up from ZFS GURU back to windows 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Becky_au, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Becky_au Win User

cant share from a windows 8 machine to a windows 10 machine

I have had to transfer my server at home which is only used to store media files and other required stuff to back it up from ZFS GURU back to windows 8 due to the new requirement in windows 10 with samba.

but now even with the server running windows 8 i cant access the shared drives there i can see the server but not open it at all.

I can see all the computers on the network on the server(windows 8) and access the shared folders on each of them including my main computer running windows 10.

on the windows 10 machine i can only see the server not the other 2 computers

ANY IDEAS ON WHATS HAPPENING?

:)

Becky_au, Aug 4, 2019

2. Can't write to shares on a Windows 10 machine from a Windows 7 machine

I still get "You need permission to perform this action" from the Windows 7 machines if I try to write to a Windows 10 share after I made the above changes on the Windows 10 machine.

Jim Grybowski, Aug 4, 2019
  3. srodar Win User
    Windows 10 machine can't access shared folder

I have a customer with a peer to peer network. They have just added a Windows 10 Home computer to the network. The new computer shared folders can be accessed by any of the other computers on the network. Additionally the new computer can access shared folders
    on a Windows 7 computer but is not able to access shares on another Windows 8 computer. The Windows 8 computer can access shared folders on the new Windows 10 computer.

Network discovery and file sharing are turned on on all computers. Password protected sharing is turned off. When attempting to see the shared folders on the Window 8 machine from the new Windows 10 machine a prompt asking for a Username and password appears.
    I enter the logged in username from the Window 8 machine and the password that user enters to log on to the Windows 8 machine. Each time it tells me the username or password is incorrect. The shared folders are set for full access by Everyone. The shared folders
    on the Windows 8 machine are easily accessed from the other two computers on the network. I can successfully ping the Windows 8 machine from the new Windows 10 machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

srodar, Aug 4, 2019
  4. cant share from a windows 8 machine to a windows 10 machine

Share my Windows 10 Machine on WorkGroup

Hello

I have a workgroup of 3 computers

1 Windows 7

2 Windows 10

Same workgroup name for each computer

From My Windows 7 Machine I set-up the sharing

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

I have Amin Login/Password on each machine

So now I can acces and browse my Windows 7 machine from my Windows 10 machine

But if I try to acces the Windows 10 Machine from the W7 machines I get a Login Pasword form suggesting a domain which is the name of My W7 machine

But now way to access the Windows 10 machine with my usual Login Password

I look around on internet and just found some tricky solution requiring Registry editing

Windows 10 & network share access denied - Solution

Is it really so tricky & complicate to configure Windows 10 for networking ?

Thanks for any help

Thanks for your comments / suggestions

OlivierGoossens Bara, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

cant share from a windows 8 machine to a windows 10 machine

1. cant share from a windows 8 machine to a windows 10 machine - Similar Threads - cant share machine

2. Share a VPN connection in my Windows 10 machine to a LinuxUbuntu 18.04 machine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share a VPN connection in my Windows 10 machine to a LinuxUbuntu 18.04 machine.: Hi, I wanna get my windows 10 machine to act as a router or similarits ok with static IP-addresses to so I can use a VPN tunnel that is available on the windows 10 machine for my other machinesLinux machines. I have two wired network card on the windows 10 machine One of...
  3. Challenge connecting to a Samba share from a Windows 10 machine

Challenge connecting to a Samba share from a Windows 10 machine: Hi have a share on a Linux box Fedora 31: "\\192.168.1.51\Scanned" My HP printer can scan to this share and so I can confirm that I know it is working no authentication is required. From my Windows machine I can ping the Linux box 192.168.1.51. However I cannot browse to...
  4. Copy files from Windows machine to Linux machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy files from Windows machine to Linux machine: Hi All, I wanted to copy a folder of files from windows EC2 to Linux EC2, I have tried pscp but it is asking pem key file to validate, its in production so i dont wanted to use that. I am using both the machines in windows AD, so is there way to validate the authentication...
  5. Share files across machines

Share files across machines: Again - if there is a good resource please point me to it - We have three computers, a main one and two laptops. We want store all the data on the main one. Without using OneDrive (since it seems to crash too often) - How can I have a laptop access the main computer hard...
  6. Installing windows 10 on a windows 8 machine after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing windows 10 on a windows 8 machine after reset: I have a Sony Vaio machine (6 years old) that was becoming very unstable. So I did a Reset on the machine which worked fine. However, the only option I had was to install the included image which unfortunately was a windows 8 image. The machine was running windows 10 prior...
  7. Transferring a Windows license from a physical machine to a virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a Windows license from a physical machine to a virtual machine: I asked this question previously, but had a follow-up question which was never answered, so I assume that it has to be asked separately. I have Windows 10 Education on a physical machine that I built - is there any way of transferring it to a virtual machine running on a...
  8. Windows 10 machine can't access shared folder

Windows 10 machine can't access shared folder: When I try to map a drive with Windows 10, Windows Explorer doesn't see any of the exported network folders. There is nothing under "Network". Another Windows 10 laptop I have can map these drives so I know the partitions are shared out properly shared and there are no...
  9. Cannot access a shared directory on a Windows 2000 Server from a Windows 10 machine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot access a shared directory on a Windows 2000 Server from a Windows 10 machine: I cannot access a shared directory on a Windows 2000 Server from a Windows 10 machine. I am however able to access it from my Windows 7 machine. After reading about this issue I found that it might be because the Windows 10 machine security policy “Network security:Minimum...
  10. Is it possible to Share a Windows 10 machine on a WorkGroup

Is it possible to Share a Windows 10 machine on a WorkGroup: Hello I'm trying to access a Windows 10 Machine on a Worgroup from My Windows 7 Machine From the Windows 7 machine I can browse the Windows 7 Machine But when I try to acces the windows 10 Machine it requires Username Password and the single ADMIN username / Password used...