Windows 10: Can't show both sound and wifi icons at the same time

Discus and support Can't show both sound and wifi icons at the same time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running 20H2, last week I noticed that my wifi icon in the notification area was missing. After a couple days for some reason and I'm not sure why,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RobbyK, Jun 27, 2021.

1. RobbyK Win User

Can't show both sound and wifi icons at the same time

I'm running 20H2, last week I noticed that my wifi icon in the notification area was missing. After a couple days for some reason and I'm not sure why, but I decided to (if I can explain this) I wanted to see if the sound icon was sitting on top of the wifi, I know, it sounded stupid to me at the time, but I was getting desperate, so I put the cursor on top of the sound icon, pressed the left mouse button, and drug it to the side. What happened surprised me more than if one icon was on top of another, but the sound icon disappeared, and the wifi showed back up. Now, I just drag the two around until the one I want is the one displayed. I'm including a share link to a GDrive, there will be two pics, on showing the sound icon, one showing the wifi icon, both sitting in the same position, with an open spot to the right of the displayed icon, so I know it's not that there's no room. Then there's a short .mp4 showing me dragging the two off of each other. I'm lost, I checked the settings to see if everything was allowed. Of course like I already knew there was no setting that would cause this to happen. I appreciate any and all ideas, because I have no idea where to look. Notificiation Icons - Google Drive

:)

RobbyK, Jun 27, 2021

2. Missing Date and Time, volume and Battery Icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Right click on the task bar and you will get a popup menu.
    • Click on properties.
    • Under behavior of system icons select ON for volume icon, Date and Time icon and Battery icon to always show.
    • Click OK.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 27, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Can't show both sound and wifi icons at the same time :p

cadaveca, Jun 27, 2021
  4. mizkhan Win User

WiFi icon on the toolbar not showing the list of available networks

when I right click on my WiFi icon on the tool bar it used to show me a list of available networks to connect but now its showing me blank list.

Please Help

mizkhan, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't show both sound and wifi icons at the same time - Similar Threads - Can't show both

2. I can't use both of my Mic In things at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use both of my Mic In things at the same time.: So I'm trying to record audio from my Nintendo DSi using my PC. I have 2 Mic In things on my computer. One at the back, and one at the front. When I connect my DSi using one of the Mic In thing, my actual microphone, which is connected to the other Mic In thing, gets ignored,...
  3. I can't use both of my Mic In things at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use both of my Mic In things at the same time.: So I'm trying to record audio from my Nintendo DSi using my PC. I have 2 Mic In things on my computer. One at the back, and one at the front. When I connect my DSi using one of the Mic In thing, my actual microphone, which is connected to the other Mic In thing, gets ignored,...
  4. Headphones sound same on both sides

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones sound same on both sides: My headphones wont work properly anymoreSo I just changed from some super old Apple Earpods to newer ones for my desktop and as soon as I try them I notice that they sound exactly same on both sides. I didn’t touch any settings, and in fact if I put back on my old ones they...
  5. Headphones sound same on both sides

Headphones sound same on both sides: My headphones wont work properly anymoreSo I just changed from some super old Apple Earpods to newer ones for my desktop and as soon as I try them I notice that they sound exactly same on both sides. I didn’t touch any settings, and in fact if I put back on my old ones they...
  6. Headphones sound same on both sides

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I get the "Hidden Icons" tray to show up on both monitors at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the "Hidden Icons" tray to show up on both monitors at the same time: I recently added a second monitor to my setup, but now I am running into the issue where I need access to the hidden iron tray on both monitors at the same time and at all times.All I can find online are advice and tutorial on how to move the taskbar from one screen to the...
  8. How do I get the "Hidden Icons" tray to show up on both monitors at the same time

How do I get the "Hidden Icons" tray to show up on both monitors at the same time: I recently added a second monitor to my setup, but now I am running into the issue where I need access to the hidden iron tray on both monitors at the same time and at all times.All I can find online are advice and tutorial on how to move the taskbar from one screen to the...
  9. How do I get the "Hidden Icons" tray to show up on both monitors at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Sound from both headphones and built in speakers on laptop at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound from both headphones and built in speakers on laptop at the same time: Why is my music playing out of the built in speakers and my headphones on my laptop at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-from-both-headphones-and-built-in-speakers/21dbfcf6-c93d-45e4-8e33-56e17f6ac7cd