Windows 10: Cant shut down correctly

Discus and support Cant shut down correctly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem I can't shutdown my pc when I do it shows its shutting down but turns on again it is same with hibernate and sleep it is as if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YakoobLiyaudeen, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Cant shut down correctly

Hi I have a problem I can't shutdown my pc when I do it shows its shutting down but turns on again it is same with hibernate and sleep it is as if restarting somebody pls help

:)

YakoobLiyaudeen, Jul 16, 2022
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cant shut down correctly :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 16, 2022
  3. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 16, 2022
  4. Ernie San Win User

Cant shut down correctly

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Jul 16, 2022
Thema:

Cant shut down correctly

1. Cant shut down correctly - Similar Threads - Cant shut down

2. Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...: Most of the time when restarting or shutting down my laptop, i am encountering issues with failure blue screen with sad smile, recovery blue screen.I have alot of issues with Windows 11 since the day i bough new laptop. After not even a year i decided to contact Windows...
  3. Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Didnt shut down/restart correctly - Failed to shut down/restart - How to...: Most of the time when restarting or shutting down my laptop, i am encountering issues with failure blue screen with sad smile, recovery blue screen.I have alot of issues with Windows 11 since the day i bough new laptop. After not even a year i decided to contact Windows...
  4. my hard disk isnt shut down correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hard disk isnt shut down correctly: The hard disk isnt closing correctly when turning off my pc a beep sound is heared but it beeps only once and turns off the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-disk-isnt-shut-down-correctly/6a8a8881-04fe-46dc-beea-823500dbb3a7
  5. Cant shut down correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant shut down correctly: Hi I have a problem I can't shutdown my pc when I do it shows its shutting down but turns on again it is same with hibernate and sleep it is as if restarting somebody pls help...
  6. Cant shut down correctly

Cant shut down correctly: Hi I have a problem I can't shutdown my pc when I do it shows its shutting down but turns on again it is same with hibernate and sleep it is as if restarting somebody pls help...
  7. Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly: I upgraded ddr4 ram in my desktop pc and afterwards it strated not shutting down or restarting correctly. When doing either the screen turns off but the lights and fans keep running. It stays like that unless i hold the power button down and force it to turn off. I have...
  8. Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly: I upgraded ddr4 ram in my desktop pc and afterwards it strated not shutting down or restarting correctly. When doing either the screen turns off but the lights and fans keep running. It stays like that unless i hold the power button down and force it to turn off. I have...
  9. Windows not shutting down or restarting correctly

10. Pc will not restart or shut down correctly

Pc will not restart or shut down correctly: Hello, I have recently upgraded my cpu so needed a new motherboard and ram too.I have Intel i7 10700k and an MSI Z490-a pro motherboard and 16gb DDR4 3200mhz ram.I have updated bios and latest windows update installed.Whenever I try restarting or shutting down my pc it...