Windows 10: can't shut down my computer

Discus and support can't shut down my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/hyeongjun_kim [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fa9azd/cant_shut_down_my_computer/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hyeongjun_kim, Feb 27, 2020.

1. can't shut down my computer

/u/hyeongjun_kim, Feb 27, 2020
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Feb 27, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Computer Shuts Down

Hi Austin,

If your computer shuts down unexpectedly when the battery is at 50%, it is possible that the battery is defective or that the drivers of the battery is incompatible with Windows 10 version 1709. For us to isolate the issue about shutting down when the battery
    is at 50%, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Is your computer new? Or, is it an old computer upgraded to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you checked if the driver for your battery is updated? If not, kindly do so.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Feb 27, 2020
  4. can't shut down my computer

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

can't shut down my computer

1. can't shut down my computer - Similar Threads - can't shut down

2. my computer is shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is shutting down: liquid cooling fans suddenly run fast and my computer shuts downand instead of doing this all the time, it does it occasionally, the windows screen comes up and my computer shuts down itself....
  3. my computer is shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer is shutting down: liquid cooling fans suddenly run fast and my computer shuts downand instead of doing this all the time, it does it occasionally, the windows screen comes up and my computer shuts down itself....
  4. my computer is shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Shut Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Shut Down: What is the advantage of using the sleep option as opposed to the shut down option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shut-down/041f86fc-afa8-4c66-aa1c-c9aa74bb13e2
  6. Computer Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shut Down: What is the advantage of using the sleep option as opposed to the shut down option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shut-down/041f86fc-afa8-4c66-aa1c-c9aa74bb13e2
  7. I can't shut down my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't shut down my computer: What do I do? It turns black for a second then takes me back to login. I'm on an aero 15x v8 on a fresh install. This has never happened before. The power button puts it to sleep instead of shutting it off. submitted by /u/therionusz [link] [comments]...
  8. Cortana can't shut down my computer now

in Cortana
    Cortana can't shut down my computer now: cortana used to be able to put my computer too sleep or shut it down or restart it when i told her too, now since this newest update she says she cant do that. how do i restore this function? i need this function...
  9. Shut down my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shut down my computer: Where is "Close down my computer"? I can`t find where? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-my-computer/32ec328c-f29b-44ab-82d1-702dd4a2e766
  10. can't shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't shut down: my pc froze when i entered code to change password, now i can't sign in or off, or shut down. help!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cant-shut-down/c8365d80-235e-407e-9623-5eaaf6627638