Windows 10: cant shut off mode s

Discus and support cant shut off mode s in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been trying for over a week to shut off mode s. I keeps giving me an error message saying something went wrong on their end try again later.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by deanna20, Oct 30, 2020.

1. deanna20 Win User

cant shut off mode s

I have been trying for over a week to shut off mode s. I keeps giving me an error message saying something went wrong on their end try again later. still nothing. What can I do to shut this off

:)

deanna20, Oct 30, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Computer in sleep mode shuts down open programs

When your computer is in hibernate mode, does all your programs have been shut off or closed? May we know what's the specific program that you use? Let's try to reset Power schemes. Please follow the steps below:

• Right on Start button, > select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below:
    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

• When finished, close the command prompt then reboot your PC.

Keep us updated with results.

Carlo Fer, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Anna Bol Win User

cant shut off mode s

Computer Shuts Down When Woken From Sleep Mode

Hi,

To help resolve your issue, we suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1:Run
    power troubleshooter

• On the search bar,type
      “Troubleshooting”

• Click
      “View All”
      on the left panel.

• Click
      Power,a new window will popup.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Safe mode

Check if issue persists in safe mode. To go to safe mode, follow these steps:

• Open Run Command (Windows
      button +R)

• A dialog box will open, type
      msconfig.

• Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.

• Restart Computer.

Note:Follow
    the same procedure to undo Safe Mode, uncheck the Safe option and restart your system.

Method 3: Clean boot

If the issue does not occur in safe mode, kindly check in clean boot. To place your computer in clean boot, refer
    to this
    link

Note:
    Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to
    reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot
    “ to reset computer as usual.

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

cant shut off mode s

1. cant shut off mode s - Similar Threads - cant shut off

2. cant switch s mode off, getting error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant switch s mode off, getting error: Getting an error when trying to switch S mode off. Windows 11, new computer setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-s-mode-off-getting-error/7de99cf3-f527-44c6-acf4-374d31ad97bf
  3. cant switch s mode off, getting error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant switch s mode off, getting error: Getting an error when trying to switch S mode off. Windows 11, new computer setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-s-mode-off-getting-error/7de99cf3-f527-44c6-acf4-374d31ad97bf
  4. I cant turn off S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant turn off S mode: Hi, so I need help with S mode in my computer. I searched a lot of ways how to turn it of and I still cant. The Microsoft store says "Check with your IT or system administrator." And it doesn't let me do anything. I even tried restarting the store, still nothing. Is there...
  5. I cant turn off S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant turn off S mode: Hi, so I need help with S mode in my computer. I searched a lot of ways how to turn it of and I still cant. The Microsoft store says "Check with your IT or system administrator." And it doesn't let me do anything. I even tried restarting the store, still nothing. Is there...
  6. I cant turn off S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. S Mode cannot be shut off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    S Mode cannot be shut off: I have tryied resetting the windows store, restting windows to factory settings, etc. I have been through multiple troubleshooting tips - including in this forum and still I am recieving this error....
  8. s mode turn off but cant

s mode turn off but cant: the s mode wont come off and it wont let me download apps need help on windows 10 without costing anything they just ask money before they say they can help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode-turn-off-but-cant/652a80a6-7103-42e5-8527-96d6dfe2259c
  9. Cant Switch off S mode - Win 10

Cant Switch off S mode - Win 10: I have been Trying to Switch off S mode with no Use. It shows me an error 0X801901f4 Additionally, I am not able to login using my account to the Windows Store showing me the same error Regards...
  10. s mode wont shut off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    s mode wont shut off.: my windows 10 Lenovo is stuck in s mode. I can get as far as the "get it" button in the Microsoft store but when I click it instead of giving me the option to install windows 10 with out s mode, the "get it" turns gray and then back to blue but nothing happens. I have tried...