Windows 10: Can't shutdown windows 10 normally & while restart, getting blue screen

Discus and support Can't shutdown windows 10 normally & while restart, getting blue screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I am getting issues with my windows 10 for a long [almost 3 months], as windows cannot shut down normally, always it goes to sleep when clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ST.358, Mar 26, 2021.

1. ST.358 Win User

Can't shutdown windows 10 normally & while restart, getting blue screen

Hi,

I am getting issues with my windows 10 for a long [almost 3 months], as windows cannot shut down normally, always it goes to sleep when clicking on the shutdown button.

And to shut down, need to use the power button, press it for 10 -12 second to turn off the laptop which is not normal.

And when turn on, it gives blue screen and then only it starts. Can someone please advise how to rectify it?

Can't shutdown windows 10 normally & while restart, getting blue screen df84690c-019f-4515-b9fb-03f14506e6aa?upload=true.png

Thanks & Regards

ST

:)

ST.358, Mar 26, 2021

2. Random blue screens of death of shutdown/restart

On the occasional shutdown or restart, I get treated to a blue screen crash. I have reset windows 10 so am assuming it's a hardware issue.

Dump: Dump

Msinfo:
    Msinfo

Any help would be great.

RecedingBassline, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Sirron Win User
    Windows 10 started not powering off on shutdown or restarting

One of my laptops, the HP Elitebook 8460P with Windows 10 Creators Update, latest drivers and updates, started not power off on shutdown. It doesn't matter if I do a regular shutdown, Shift Shutdown, Restart, Safe Mode, "shutdown /s /t 0", it just goes through the steps and says shutting down services, then shutting down or restarting depending on which one I pick and does the bubbles in a circle and the mouse cursor still works and that's it. I have to hold down the power button to force it to turn off. Nothing shows up in the Event Viewer, I tried SFC & DISM /Restorehealth, chkdsk, and they all come up clean. I tried disabling Fast Boot and hibernation, and unplugging it and removing the battery and holding down the power button. There are no other devices connected to this laptop and it is the same hardware that it has had for over two years. I tried to rollback and then disabling the Intel Management Engine that I saw some people suggested, but there is no difference. There are no blue screens, no errors, nothing logged in Event Viewer, all hardware passes diagnostics, and everything else works just fine and it boots up quickly.

Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

Sirron, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Blue screen error on shutdown in windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Do you get any error message or error code with blue screen?
    A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your system to shut down or restart unexpectedly. When you experience this type of error, you won’t be able to see things like the Start menu or the
    taskbar on the screen when your system is turned on. Instead you might see a blue screen with a message that your system ran into a problem and needs to restart.

For more information, refer to the link below, to fix your issue with blue screen errors:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Since we are unable to access the dump files with the links given, I suggest you to upload the dump files on OneDrive and share the link with us.

Do reply with the details. We will be glad to assist you further.

Arul_D, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't shutdown windows 10 normally & while restart, getting blue screen - Similar Threads - Can't shutdown normally

2. My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen: Hi.i had a bunch of problems with my pc lately, after some time it shutdown with a blue screen, every time is the same, and i dont know why. i searched on the event viewer and founded a the last critical error that shutted down my pc....
  3. My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc shutdown not normally with a blue screen: Hi.i had a bunch of problems with my pc lately, after some time it shutdown with a blue screen, every time is the same, and i dont know why. i searched on the event viewer and founded a the last critical error that shutted down my pc....
  4. Blue Screen after shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen after shutdown/restart: After the last windows update, i can't shutdown/restart my gaming laptop without getting a blue screen error, the error is called Driver Power State Failure, i can mention that my GPU is broken, is stays in low frequency all the time, and i don't know what could i do more to...
  5. Blue Screen after shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen after shutdown/restart: After the last windows update, i can't shutdown/restart my gaming laptop without getting a blue screen error, the error is called Driver Power State Failure, i can mention that my GPU is broken, is stays in low frequency all the time, and i don't know what could i do more to...
  6. Blue Screen after shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows 10 -will not shutdown normally.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 -will not shutdown normally.: I am using the command shutdown /s to shut down my system. How can I find out what app is not closing that's keeping the system running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-shutdown-normally/ab5a22ef-5785-453c-aa64-4229d0b1bdcc
  8. I get the blue screen and shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I get the blue screen and shutdown: Hi, I think I updated the graphics card driver but now in the Device manager the Rollback Driver option is frozen. I use Asus UX461F 2 in one laptop. In the system problem reports I have got the following error details. Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date...
  9. Random blue screens of death of shutdown/restart

Random blue screens of death of shutdown/restart: On the occasional shutdown or restart, I get treated to a blue screen crash. I have reset windows 10 so am assuming it's a hardware issue. Dump: Dump Msinfo: Msinfo Any help would be great....
  10. Blue screen on start, normal on restart-any solutions?

Blue screen on start, normal on restart-any solutions?: Hi, I recently installed Win10 on a new computer. Everything runs fine except for when I start the computer. When I start it "cold" it automatically goes to the blue screen/repair screen. However if I immediately restart the computer from the computers reset button Win10...