Windows 10: Can't Side Load a WAP Based Installation Package - AppInstaller.Exe Fails with Generic...

Discus and support Can't Side Load a WAP Based Installation Package - AppInstaller.Exe Fails with Generic... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello thereI have created a set-up for a desktop .Net Framework based application from Visual Studio Preview 2019 using the Windows Application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Geoff Olding geoff.olding, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Can't Side Load a WAP Based Installation Package - AppInstaller.Exe Fails with Generic...

Hello thereI have created a set-up for a desktop .Net Framework based application from Visual Studio Preview 2019 using the Windows Application Packaging Project. This creates an .appxbundle file. I can install the application onto the same PC on which it was developed using this .appbundle file. However, when I try to side load the application onto a Windows 10 laptop 10.0.19401 Build 19041, it fails silently, and I get the following two entries in the Windows Application Log:1 Exception Code: 0xc0000005, Faulting application path: c:\Program Files...\AppInstaller.exe2 Exception Code: 0x0

:)

Geoff Olding geoff.olding, Jul 15, 2021

2. Appinstaller file is not working correctly

On Windows 10, I get the following error below when trying install my program via the .appinstaller.

1) You can see in the .appinstaller xml file that the file is correct and not as reported

2) The MSIX file itself can be downloaded without issue in Developer mode.

Could someone let me know how the appinstaller is generating the wrong file?

HenryConnaughton, Jul 15, 2021
  3. jostro Win User
    KB4013429 Failing to install.

I have followed the instructions listed in the link you have provided but received several errors along the way.

Step 3 produced a path not found error

I first attempted these instructions without step 4 as indicated, the overall outcome was the same.

On my second attempt I carried out step 4

On step 5 I received a few errors when trying to re-register dll's:

- regsvr32.exe atl.dll - pass

- regsvr32.exe urlmon.dll - Pass
    - regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll - loaded but entry point not found

- regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll - loaded but entry point not found
    - regsvr32.exe browseui.dll- loaded but entry point not found
    - regsvr32.exe jscript.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe msxml.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe actxprxy.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe softpub.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe wintrust.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe dssenh.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe rsaenh.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe cryptdlg.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe ole32.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe shell32.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe initpki.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll - loaded but entry point not found
    - regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe wups.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe wups2.dll - Success
    - regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll - loaded but entry point not found
    - regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll - Failed to load - Not Found
    - regsvr32.exe muweb.dll - Failed to load - Not Found

- regsvr32.exe wuwebv.dll - Failed to load - Not Found

After this I went to windows update and clicked search for updates which proceeded to download and install updates, after being prompted for a reboot the update fails again which appears to be the same as the initial error.

Any other suggestions? I really don't want to have to re-format my PC again.

jostro, Jul 15, 2021
  4. TS_265 Win User

Can't Side Load a WAP Based Installation Package - AppInstaller.Exe Fails with Generic...

AppInstaller freezes

When I attempt to install via a certain .appinstaller file (https://download.mytobiidynavox.com/Snap/installers/distribute/Snap.WindowsUWP.OEM.appinstaller) after it has already been installed/uninstalled once, I see the status message "Getting the system
    ready for install...", but it never progresses from there. I can't check/uncheck the "Launch when ready" checkbox either - appinstaller appears to be frozen.

If I restart my machine, it seems to allow it to work once. But if I uninstall the app and try the .appinstaller again, it freezes again. Event Viewer doesn't have anything interesting for when it freezes. The only event logged is:

"Started deployment AddFromAppInstallerOperation operation on a package with main parameter Snap.WindowsUWP.OEM.appinstaller and Options ForceTargetApplicationShutdownOption and RequestReputationCheck. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for
    help diagnosing app deployment issues."

Other .appinstaller files seem to work fine with that process
    (such as https://db-msixtest.azurewebsites.net/ContosoExpenses.Package.appinstaller).

TS_265, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Can't Side Load a WAP Based Installation Package - AppInstaller.Exe Fails with Generic...

1. Can't Side Load a WAP Based Installation Package - AppInstaller.Exe Fails with Generic... - Similar Threads - Can't Side Load

2. Package can't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Package can't install: Hi!I found the Windows 10X VHDX image, and just for fun, I decided to see how some Windows Store applications work with it. I can't install them via the Windows store so I used https://store.rg-adguard.net to download .appx files. Minecraft worked, but every file manager...
  3. Package can't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Package can't install: Hi!I found the Windows 10X VHDX image, and just for fun, I decided to see how some Windows Store applications work with it. I can't install them via the Windows store so I used https://store.rg-adguard.net to download .appx files. Minecraft worked, but every file manager...
  4. Package can't install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Install .exe app with Provision package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install .exe app with Provision package: Hi,Has anyone had success using provisioning package to install .exe application before? It seems to work with .msi apps but never or so with .exe. Any suggestion would help!!Thank you so much, Alan...
  6. Vc++2010 Redistributable Package x86 failed to install due to generic trust issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vc++2010 Redistributable Package x86 failed to install due to generic trust issues: I was trying to play a game and a vc++ error kept popping up so i tried installing it myself but i keep getting the error in the picture. Also these are the logs i got from the installation : OS Version = 6.2.9200, Platform 2 OS Description = Future OS - x64 CommandLine =...
  7. HAHAHA! Can't install because Appinstaller should be closed!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HAHAHA! Can't install because Appinstaller should be closed!: [ATTACH] When you try installing an offline package. I guess that was the reason why it fails online silently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hahaha-cant-install-because-appinstaller-should-be/7297c45c-e01e-4b77-9c6e-2592afb05561
  8. exe. files and installation packages cannot be

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe. files and installation packages cannot be: greetings dear community, two days ago, I got myself a new laptop for gaming. this is not a brand new laptop, but a second hand one like new. so later I tried to install bitdefender total security on it. it would download fully, but everytime it tries to decompress the...
  9. Advice on WAP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Advice on WAP: Hoe this is the correct forum have created WAPs from old routers in the past and worked well. Need to set one up for a family member, but require the WAP to have a strong a signal ( as the router ) as possible. does it make a lot of difference if I use an old BT or other...
  10. Provisioning package fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Provisioning package fails to install: Hello I have setup a test machine with all the settings and apps I need, I have then created a provisioning package Called 'capturedSettings' using the ICD but when I try to install it I get the following error I use the following tutorial on this website to use the...